iPad WARDWELL HOUSE (Completely Rebooted & Renewed)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mooliongames, Apr 20, 2016.

1. mooliongames

mooliongames Active Member

Feb 22, 2014
    #1 mooliongames, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Hi Everybody,

We would like to share the completely renewed and rebooted version of WARDWELL HOUSE (an atmospheric horror game). We used 360-degree spherical panoramic photography to add unprecedented levels of realism and atmosphere to the game.

We released the original game 6 months ago and based on the feedback, completely remade the game. We found one of the writers from this very forum so we really appreciate this community's opinions.

Please check out the new trailer and let us know your thoughts. The game is a universal iOS app and we are planning to release it next week.

Attached Files:

2. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    awesome and very creepy at the same time ! I can't wait to play it !

3. mooliongames

Feb 22, 2014
    Thanks for the kind words Kripa1415. Have messaged you a promo code so you can play it already:) Hope you enjoy the experience!

4. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Looks sweet. Not sure how I missed the first one, can't find it on the store anymore. Is it a full re-release?

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
  6. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    #6 TheGreatEscaper, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Double post, sorry!

7. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Just finished, it's a very nicely crafted experience.
    I'm hesitant to call it a game since interaction is mostly limited to looking around and progressing when prompted. It's more like an interactive horror story.
    The POV gimmick is very cool and it's pulled off pretty well, although the zoomed out fish-eye lens is a bit nauseous. The photo graphics are nice as well.
    What this has is a lot of atmosphere. The actual 'scare' scenes aren't pulled off as well as they could have been, but even in the uneventful areas this game builds up a really great sense of dread and paranoia. I feel like the little environmental touches were far creepier than any of the in-your-face frights, and that's a huge achievement in set design (if you could call it that). It all looks magnificently macabre, especially the forest scenes. Chapter four in particular was very well done in using the environment to create dread in the player.
    The story isn't quite as scary or cohesive as it presents itself, and the payoff is mildly predictable (the final image will probably be scary for most but as a horror buff I've seen some worse variations), but it does build a nice mystery and mythos. In particular I felt that the post credits scene was a great touch and really made everything gel nicely.
    It's definitely a unique experience that you won't regret your time with, and if the devs continue to develop this POV concept they could go on to make some really great horror games!

8. mooliongames

Feb 22, 2014
    Thank you so much for the detailed & positive feedback, we really appreciate it! We're really glad you liked the atmosphere and uniqueness of the game. Our goal was to create a sense of paranoia and fear by building up the tension instead of resorting to cheap jump scares.
    I totally understand your point that the interaction is limited to finding objects of interest but other horror games also have a similar game mechanic (such as in my favorite horror game P.T. all you do is basically walk around the apartment and look at objects of interest several times). We basically wanted the story to convey itself through the use of finding objects of interest.

Thanks again for playing the game till the end, we really appreciate feedback like yours! BTW, we are working on a VR version of this game so you will be able to play it on Google Cardboard:)

9. mooliongames

Feb 22, 2014
    If anyone is interested in trying the game, please let us know. We're more than happy to give promo codes to test the game out. We'd love to hear feedback from you guys.

10. Slayerplayer

Slayerplayer Member

Apr 1, 2016
    Game developer
    Pakistan
    Hello

I'm interested in trying this app.