iPad Dungeon Raid (by Fireflame Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Nov 15, 2010.

1. moisty

moisty Member

Jun 18, 2010

2. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    What I mean is if you click on Level 1 in the adventurer screen, the text it shows doesn't read in a way that makes sense.

3. badwisdom

badwisdom Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Thanks for the update but i have to say its a confused mess.

I see there are lots of options now, different classes and such, but i cant understand a word of it. its full of new terms that have no explanation whatsoever and contradictions galore.

For example, ive just played a game to level 8. Then in the recap screen it says "Level 1 orc - Level: 8".

What the hell ????? There are different levels ??

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    YAY - update 1.3 now live in Germany! :D

5. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    *yeay*

^________________^

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Omg... this update out and FFIII also... what am I supposed to play now? :confused:

7. fireflame

fireflame Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2010
    You mean "Level 1: Unlocked perk Unexpected and flaw Confused for use with other classes"? Perhaps slightly wonky grammar for "As part of reaching Adventurer level 1 you've unlocked the perk 'Unexpected' and the flaw 'Confused'. These can now be used with other character classes"

Yep, character classes have levels, they start out at level 1 and go up to 10 as you unlock them, so you're playing a level 1 orc barbarian class but your avatar reached experience level 8 in that game

8. badwisdom

badwisdom Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Ok thanks.

Whats a perk and a flaw ? Are they Class traits ? Character Traits ?

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #909 ArtNJ, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    The dwarf upper cut doesnt show any extra damage on the tooltip. Maybe its only 5 or 10% and thus I'm not seeing it at low levels? I'd sort of like to know what the perk is doing, exactly, since the current racial negative is quite real.

I see that in the future I'll be able to use "monsters dont attack for first 3 turns" as a perk. That sounds pretty awesome.

10. badwisdom

badwisdom Member

Jan 24, 2009
    And how do you gain a class level ?

11. fireflame

fireflame Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2010
    The uppercut damage is per skull so it doesn't add to the total damage, but the skull you're uppercutting will be marked with an "uppercut" label and will take +weapon damage (in addition to currently displayed damage)

Each class can have up to 4 perks (positive effect) and 4 flaws (negative effect), when you unlock a new class you also unlock its perk & flaw, and these can be added to other classes as you level them up

The same way you unlock new classes - by killing special monsters

12. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Wow, massive update. I hadn't even grown tired of this game yet, and then they give me even more reason to play... so awesome.

13. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Does anyone know, is there a way to end your game and have your current game saved in your high scores, without dying?

I'm playing on easy, and have been for a few days now. With the update out I'd like to get it, but I'd also like my current high score (100k+) to get saved. I'd have no problems just dying, but... I can't seem to. Eventually I HAVE to pick up health potions or shields, and undo all that nice work that the bad guys have put into trying to kill me.

Any thoughts?

It wouldn't be such a big deal, I guess, except this is really the first time I've gotten past 10k, and I've gotten WAY past 10k, so I'd really like for it to be saved.

14. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Great update FF!

Lots going on and I am having fun trying to figure out what everything does. So far I only have the Elf Ranger unlocked, and I like the way poison works, I just had a decent enough game with a poison/durability build.

It would be nice to see progress to unlocking new race/classes and leveling the current class.

I love that I can see the health bar pre-load on potion drawing.

Also, is the clock feature new? That is awesome! I have to back out of the game to see the clock all of the time, and having it display was so needed.

I also like how many of the achievements are incremental.

Perhaps a little confusing on what to do on the edit screens, especially right after you unlock the Elf Ranger and you really have no edit options. But not the end of the world, I don't mind so much trying to figure things out.

15. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Update is OUT!!!

*fapfapfapfapfapfap*

16. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    WOW 75 Achievements! I'll be playing this more then :D

Thanks for the update!

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, but it also the only way you can see all the details of the class and race you've now chosen. Every update of your meta level at Ranger will give you more customization options (but, at least in my experience, you're much more unlikely to unlock the other classes before leveling up any one class).

18. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I like what I see so far, especially the red/green color in the shop, that's probably the most useful change on the first non-new-class game. Not getting personal about the relationship, but if LordGek is being paid to QA the app, you might also want to pay him to write some sort of help doc that could be included in the app, or at an external link that launched from the app. What he's posted here has been useful, and I think expanding that in content and distribution would be helpful.

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I unlocked the dwarf warrior first; I guess its random which you unlock. I too found it confusing to have the edit screen before I could actually edit anything. Dwarf seems pretty good, as the perk is arguably a decent bit better than the flaw, and the racial enemy is not one of the scary ones. Or is it the "warrior" side that gives those...I'm kind of confused about the difference between race and class, but I'll figure it out.

I'm also not to sure what the long term differences between the races/classes are if eventually you can swap all the perks and flaws anyway.

So excited to play more though, great update, dont let the people picking nits about the lack of a tutorial update get you down.

20. Jellowpy

Jellowpy Active Member

Mar 23, 2011
    #920 Jellowpy, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    Hi ive downloaded the Update 1st minute it refreshed in Itunes(yep i was waiting and constantly re-pressing the Dungeon Raid icon heh)

I have a few questions, i have played for 5 straight hours from 100% to 10% of my battery (using Ip4) and i only manage to find the mage and priest then used the Mage for my gameplay and have only managed to level up upto level 2 ...
    Is this meant to be played like this? I think it takes too much time to level them up i dont remember how i leved up but if iam correct i think its because i found a trophy or something (Not really sure):confused:

Am i doing something wrong? I think i played around 15Games normal and 4 games Hard mode... And killed around 80+ Special monster.. (Saw the number in my achievement)

Edit:
    Mage Halfling with the ability to make the (random) skill full again if you kill a special monster coupled with the UPGRADE SKILL is very good combo =D Insta Upgrade