Universal SOULCALIBUR - ( by NamcoBandai Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 18, 2012.

1. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Its a shame we havent heard back from the Devs so they know what we want.

Is there a way to change what skins we can use for our characters, i noticed, in practice, that the guy with the katana (forgot name) has a nice japanese style 2nd skin i'd like to use.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Mitsurugi has a wicked alternate costume. But Nightmare is still my favorite. :)

3. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    No iCade support, no sale ;)

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Highlight the character you want to play as and then tap his/her picture and then select them like you would normally.

5. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I'm waiting to hear on multiplayer. If its on the way without a doubt I'd pay 2x+ this launch price. Otherwise I'll pass. iOS extremely competitive and they need to realize that.

6. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Been playing this game on my iPhone 4 for the past 24 hours, (never played it before), and I gotta say it's truly awesome! At first I wasn't sure if it was better than Blades of Fury, but the more I've played it the better I've realized it is. Especially now that I've unlocked several characters and new locations. This is easily the best 3D fighter on the app store, and one of the best period. Any fan of Volt, King of Fighters-I, Bruce Lee, MK, or any fighting game needs to own Soul Calibur now. Easily worth the $12.

I'd like to see multiplayer added, but it only matters to me if it's online. Volt is the only fighter that offers this, so Soul Calibur is no different to me than the other fighters without online playability. It would be amazing to see this added though. I'd also like to see iCade compatibility, even though it won't work with my iPad 1. Regardless, this is an excellent game.

Now bring on Tekken and Virtua Fighter!

7. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Technically there is a port of Virtua Fighter 2. ;)

I'll probably pick this up as I love SC, but right now I have too many games on my ipod and far too little time to play them. I don't mind the price, but if it drops before I get around to it then all the better.

8. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #268 OutSpoken, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    Whoa whoa... now slow down there sonny jim, "watered down" Street Fighter may be, but at least Capcom haven't lost sight of the playability aspect. SF Volt is still an incredibly popular and fun game on iOS especially with the online multiplayer mode. All you have to do is just look at the lively thread on here and the best part of it is that most of us only paid a couple of dollars/pounds for it and we get an app thats regularly updated. I pretty much play it every day. Thats what I call value for money. All we need now is a few more characters to add to the roster to make SF Volt even more awesome! :D

I guess what I'm trying to say is, a lot of these other fighters, like Soulcalibur need to offer a lot more if they want stick out on the app store and not fade away like KOF. Especially if you are cheekily slapping on a price tag of $13!

9. shinrukuszero

shinrukuszero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
    That Virtual Fighter port is a lazy ass Sega Emulated Genesis game that is even poorly emulated for a Genesis game... After playing with this port, I still can see why SFIV MAYBE isn't but there's no excuse for a Model 2 or even Saturn port of Virtual Fighter 2, if not 3. I Guarantee we will see a decent Tekken 3 or Tekken Tag 1 port on iOS before A real Virtual Fighter.

TBH I don't see too many more characters that'll work with Volt's engine... Maybe Hakan, and possibly Dudley and Seth, but if there is one thing I want for volt is SFIV HD's visuals from the Android version. I'm satisfied with the gameplay, but if my Nexus S can run SFIV at the framerate it's going, then I'm sure my IPad 2 can kick it's ass....

10. dark1x

dark1x Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    No iCade support, huh? That would definitely convince me to pick it up again, but I think I'll skip out as I can't imagine playing this game on a touch screen.

11. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I know it's awful. Hence the ;). Actually I was never that into VF. If they bring over a solid Tekken I'll be happy. And I agree about SFIV. The game is fun but looks terrible. Retina display at least!

12. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Has anyone heard from the devs about multiplayer?

13. JoNJoN

JoNJoN Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Has anyone found the artwork mentioned in the app description?

14. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Ah wow, did anybody unlock Yoshimitsu? That was a surprise.. I didnt know there were tie ins from Tekken!

Damn, Namco did a great job on this port, the graphics are sharp as hell and the framerate is smooth...plus the game itself is better than i remembered it..

15. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    In SC1, I think there's only Yoshimitsu, but SC2 had Link/Heihachi/Spawn depending on which version you got, and SC4 had Darth Vader/Yoda. Not sure about SC3, though.

16. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Kilik is still the man, even all these years away from owning the Dreamcast version. :D

17. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Oh, God, the memories, from when my friends who didn't normally play videogames worked out how to do long-range jabs in SC. Kilik and that god damned staff. Ow. Ow. Ow STOP POKING ME.

18. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Street Fighter is still the best beat'em up on AppStore due to multiplayer support! Maybe it will be updated too with more chars even if the best thing to add is retina display but I doubt capcom will add this feature! The engine is full of limits but the game runs also with old device like iPhone 3G

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    SC4 also had Kratos on the PSP.

Surprisingly, I keep on playing this game more than i expected. This is friggin good.

20. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I unlocked everyone expect Edgemaster and Inferno because nothing new is unlockable for me by finishing arcade mode. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to set the difficulty to hard or higher?