iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Does this work on 5th gen Touches?

It should be possible since 5th gen Touch is basically a non-phone 4S with widescreen.

2. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Do you guys think we'll ever get a Retina update for the iPad version?

:rolleyes:

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It does! That's why I just held out and bought it recently (once the 5G was released) and it works perfectly. 5G can pretty much handle any game smoothly currently. And it's my first big purchase that I'm pleased with.

And thanks for the responses guys. I'm loving it! Clocked in almost 7 hours so far and I just love battling because it's so fun to use the different motions for different pins. Collecting pins was such a great idea. And even good to hear there's more to do and collect after you finish. I just wish the pin battling mini game had a bigger single player mode than just practice mode (like choosing CPU/difficulty/rules/etc).

As for comparisons with the DS, obviously I haven't played it so I can't say for sure but my friends tell me that the DS one takes a while to get used to and takes a lot of focus (2 characters at once). I'm gonna guess and say this ios version is much easier for casual play. My friend actually gave up on the DS version for now because she said she struggled at the battle system :l

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #924 Exact-Psience, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    On the DS the controls are what made it interesting. Neku is controlled via touch and Mic controls on the bottom screen, while your partner is controlled on the top screen using the face or directional buttons which work the same way.

You should already have an idea how Neku is controlled in the lower touch screen since you guys have the iOS versions and it's pretty much the same. On the Top screen, your partner is in the middle of the screen and you basically tap a direction (or the equivalent of the direction in the face buttons) to attack enemies.

The main difference between the iOS version and the DS version with regards to gameplay is the way you need to focus on both characters on the DS while you focus only one at a time on the iOS.

One fun thing i did on the DS is utilize the Mic-triggered abilities (mic skills? :D). Basically equipped all pins that requires mic input to use and instead of blowing into the DS's mic, I scream... til all enemies perish by my shieks. And then I named the deck "The Banshee" and posted it somewhere in the gamefaqs forums. LOL

5. Sol

Sol Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Beating the superboss on ultimate isnt too hard, i even finished him on lvl 60 (to make sure he drops black jupiter) and that was a flawless win. My tips are using holy field deck and a dash pin, best one i think is Wolf.
    To the new gamers, if you are worried of the game being short, i have finished the game and i have only mastered 23% pins out there, also my noise reports are about 87%. I have played for 47 hours and i think it may take me about 60 hours to collect all the reports.

6. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I deleted the game and my save file was gone even after I reinstalled :(

Just a heads up to those who want to get 100% on items - you need mingle to get 8 of the items. Max without mingle is 490/498.

7. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    The game doesn't support icloud.. That's why your save is deleted.. About mingle items, i don't get any of them.. It's easy to reach the superboss even without the mingle pin requirement.. The story is different though if you're a perfectionist.. Just install this game on your friend's idevice and mingle until you get all of them :p

8. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I didn't enable iCloud but my save file for infinity blade 2 is saved even if I delete the game and reinstall. I have no idea why though.

9. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    It supports icloud i think , i put this game on my new iphone 5 and my save was there.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    So mingling is when you just make friends online right? And trade "friend cards"?

Looks like I can never find anyone and it requires bluetooth? No wifi searching? You guys probably went over this in the thread but it seems like getting mingle points is almost impossible on the ios... =\

11. Does anyone know what the Eden set does in this game?

Mingle doesn't work online, so you're out of luck. I really don't know what SE was thinking.

12. Sol

Sol Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Im not sure but i think whenever you perform a cross combo, a green, circle-shaped light will protect you from any attack until the partner pin runs out.
    Finally, Joshua's BRV is 999... angel feather time

13. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I have just started this game for the DS. Am I the only person who is not keen on this? Its rare to see a bad review for it.

The storyline is just all over the place and doesn't make much sense. Does it open up later on? Also theres too much annoying dialogue which you cannot skip when you need to try a section again.

I'm not really enjoying the battle system, mainly because I suck at it. Do they really expect me to multi task between two screens? I end up just tapping in a desperate frenzy. Any tips to make me better?

Also I was expecting an RPG similar to a FF type game but set in modern tokyo, but this seems like an on rails action RPG. Is that an accurate description? Or is it mainly the beginning which is on rails?

I had high expectations for this game and really want to enjoy it, please help!

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #934 TicTac, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    It gives you 330% damage and raise sync rate by 7%. After you land a CC hit you'll be invincible for 4 seconds. Each additional hit refreshes this shield and gives you 4 more seconds of invincibility.

You need the full set in order for it to work unlike the DS version.

Eden set is immensely useful when fighting the Noise #96. Combine it with Yoshimitsu.
    This video shows you how to use it. (Guy is a pro, check out his Final Time Attack video too.)

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... you should go to any DS forums. I loved it on the DS and so did many, so im sure it's just you sucking at the battle system on the 2 screens :D

And you have the wrong understanding of On-Rails. This isnt on-rails, it's just that locations arent open yet during the first few days in the game.

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    If it's for the DS, it's not this version of the game. They do differ in some areas.

You can fast forward through the dialogue in this version. I have no idea about the DS version.

I didn't like the battle system on the DS either. I set it to Auto (Fast) and let my partner be controlled by the computer at all times. The battle system on the iPhone version is much better IMO.

It's not on rails. "On rails" is used to describe shooting games where you don't control the movement of the character, you just shoot. Examples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Rail_shooters
    I wouldn't even describe it as particularly linear. Maybe it's because you don't have many areas open yet?

The TWEWY wiki is worth a look, there's loads of info there.

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Does anyone find shiki attractive ? Or I'm just a ... I won't say another word

18. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    anyone here think that square will release an update regarding iphone 5 support and mingling issue?

19. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #939 Benegesserit, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    how do you fast forward through dialogue in this?

please don't tell me i have to beat the game first because i already did like 3 times on DS

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Why'd you pay $17.99 for a game you've already 'beaten' three times? It's a good game but not worth that much IMO.

Anyway, if you can't see the 'skip' dialogue option on the top left of the screen whenever there's dialogue, then it must only appear once you've completed the main part of the game - I have the 'skip' option, I don't remember if it was there at the beginning.