Universal Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - (by Beamdog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 29, 2012.

1. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    Everything seems to have translated well....character are a little jaggy compared to the back grounds but it's a minor issue.

2. borb86

borb86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm seeing more comments about iOS 6 on here than I am about the game itself and all I'm thinking is...how many people are actually dependant on the maps app for their freakin iPad?!

Also hot fixes are released almost weekly if not quicker. It's been improved ten-fold since release. Not that I care because I have no use for a map application on a tablet :s

3. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    There's a button near the right bottom corner that will highlight everything you can interact with. Stairs, doors, chests etc.

4. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

#104 andsoitgoes, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    Okay, how can you tell what spells are what? I can't find a way to title the various spells and it's boggling my damn mind. Driving me crazy. I'm guessing at the various spells. Is there any way to find out?

Ah, figured it out. Go into the list of spells and then hit the help button. Thanks for that heads up Greg, though I can't get the long press to do squat.

I'm enjoying this so far. I never played this when I was younger as while I had many game consoles, my parents never ponied up for a computer. The closest I came was finding older commodore 64s at garage sales, or an Apple Macintosh. Finally I got a crappy outdated 386 when I graduated in the 90s, and the most I was ever able to play was quest for glory. Being able to play this now is something I am quite stoked about.

To be honest, though, I'd literally sacrifice animals to get Neverwinter Nights on the iPad. How amazing would that be? Again, even though I never had a computer that would run it properly, I still loved the bit that I could play of it. Ah, memories.

5. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Did not see the stairs to the basement for some reason.

6. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Fyi From my understanding Apple released an older version... this one doesn't contain certain fixes and the IAP for the voices etc is not there,
    only for IOS 6, Ipad2 and higher.
    Think the correct version is still pending ,so I am sure there will be an update very soon.
    Ipad1 people have to wait a while if they are able to make it work.. for now it's not supported.

7. beagley

beagley New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Does Multiplayer work?

Can anyone with two machines give multiplayer a try?

What is the experience like? How does it work?

8. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Can we hear more about the mechanics or impressions of the game?

9. jaze

jaze Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Ok maybe I'm dumb but, And i never played this before...how the hell do I kill that bloody skeleton in the tutorial. It's immune to all magic? Those two summoned beasts are hitting it as are all my party but its just not hurting :/

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    While an okay game, IMO Newerwinter Nights isn't in the same league as Baldur's Gate, but there was an expansion pack for it that was pretty good.
    I missed the party based combat and fixed isometric view from BG.

11. diovivente

diovivente Member

Mar 19, 2011
    WHAT help button in the list of spells? I have a help button when I'm on the main world, but the moment I open up any kind of inventory I love the help button. There is no longer anything on the right side of the page. This is ridiculous. I can t even see what spells I'm having my character learn, let alone know which spells to pick to use. So dumb...

12. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    This x100. Baldur's Gate is one of a very small number of traditional RPGs on the platform, though. Glad to have both on my iPad (along with my iDOS enabled Gold Box goodness)!

13. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Can anyone tell me how much gb the game takes when actually installed? Thanks

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You have to tap on enough spells to select them to fill up the memorised spells list, then you can tap and hold (on the spells in the spellbook, not the spells in the memorised spells list) on a spell to get the information about that spell.

If you try tapping and holding before you have filled the memorised spells list, the spell will just move to the memorised spells list. If you try tapping and holding on a spell on the memorised spell list, the spell will just get deselected.

15. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    1.9GB, someone said earlier in the thread.

Though my iPad refused to download it with over 4GB of space left, said 'not enough local storage available' or something like that. But it 'only' takes up 1.9GB so I don't know what that was about.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Does this run terrible on ipad2 or is it decent? Amy lag or slow down?

17. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I never played all these "top down" RPGs back in the day. I love games like KOTOR, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls tho. Is this similar, besides perspective etc? Is there a lot of micromanagement for your six dudes, or can they take care of them selves?

Also, no iCloud for a game this size and length? Devs, get on it...

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Seems fine to me so far.

19. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    You need twice the space to install, sometimes more, so you might have been cutting it close.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the reply, so no slow down or anything? Is their less effects?