Universal ChowHound (beta testers wanted)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ortolan, Aug 1, 2014.

1. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Hi everyone,

I've just completed development of my first game. It's called ChowHound. As the name suggests it's a kids game about a hungry dog. I need your help in testing the game, hopefully some of you know or have kids who might like to try their luck. I've enclosed links to the artwork, blog, video and a link to the beta testing service on testflight.

The game is available for both the iOS and Android platforms and will work on both tablets and phones, although I think the game plays best on a tablet. At the moment it works and has been tested on an iPad 1, a nexus 4 android phone, and an iPad 3.

I created everything in the game apart from the music. It features hand drawn/painted animation and artwork and is playable in 17 languages, so if you are bilingual feel free to check out another language by changing your device's prefs.

[​IMG]

It's not just a simply tap and jumper/infinite runner game, as you have the option of using two fingers and have to think when to tap Derek, or let him fall to avoid obstacles, or collect points.

[​IMG]

To become a beta tester for iOS devices use the following link to the testflight website;
    http://www.testflightapp.com/join/69d9801466dfaa4c5c3ca3cc48cc3de2-MzI1MzMy/

If you could help out I'd appreciate it. Many thanks.

Stuart.

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Signed up for beta, curious to see how my 6 year old likes it.

3. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Many thanks for signing up!

4. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
  5. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Following beta tester feedback I've now changed the way you move Derek the dog from a 'tap' to a 'swipe the screen' control. Plus other improvements. New video;

The game will now only be available on tablets.