Universal DODONPACHI MAXIMUM (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Thanks. And my favorite dual stick shooters...

Attached Files:

2. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #142 tops2, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    Didn't know Spirit and Silverfish is dual stick shooter. ;-)

And you're missing Deathsmiles!

The main dual stick shooters I'm missing from your list is Vertex Blaster and Isotope...

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    This does not work on iPod 4g?

4. #144 Connector, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    Haha, I have 6 folders of shooter type games cause they are my favorites, those 2 that you saw are my most favorite of them. One folder is for fps games like nova, modern combat, or dead trigger though.

I like spirit and silverfish that's why they got dumped into my main folder for dual stick shooters, that, and they kind of don't quite fit into any other category folder that I have except maybe for my Immersive folder which has glowfish, tentacles, lightopus, spirits, and others.

Deathsmiles, yes, I have been holding out for a hd or universal version for so long. I never buy iphone only games, so am really torn about it. Keep downloading the lite version from time to time to fix my urge, but sadly, looks like no ipad version will be coming I suppose. Lightning fighter is also a great game which I have deleted right now because I have solved it so much. Glad that Danmaku and Lightning Fighter will be coming out with new versions this year which will run on the ipad.

Isotope is good if you like games like Inferno+, they have a lite version. It plays totally different on the ipad, the ipad version is much better even though it is a universal version.

Vertex blaster, not that great graphics, but I like that it has joypad support, and has a lot of modes.

Figured someone would notice that Deathsmiles was missing... Also, would have preferred to have the black label version of bug princess 2, but since I had the regular version already, couldn't justify the cost to get it.

But getting Blazing Star and Dariusburst helped with the Deathsmiles blues. Even though I doubt they will, I hope one day, they will come out with Deathsmiles hd. Or I think there was a Deathsmiles 2, right?

5. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    You forgot Vetica!

6. #146 Connector, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    Iphone only right? I only buy games that are universal, or ipad hd. That's why I still haven't bought Deathsmiles, even though I love that game. Too bad they can't make Deathsmiles like Maximum, and make it have a nice border like they do in this game. While I prefer full screen, could live with it like it is in maximum.

Show some love to Dodonpachi Maximum! Vote for it in Touch Arcade's game of the week thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=162877&page=5

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I've only played Vetica on the iPad and it looks fantastic in 2x, owing to the clean art style. You should definitely give it a try, it's only 99c.

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I agree. Vetica is one of my favorite vertical shmup. Each type of enemies actually have vert different behavior. And the Easter egg level is awesome. ;-)

9. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=162515][​IMG][/thread] [thread=162862][​IMG][/thread] [thread=162636][​IMG][/thread] [thread=162688][​IMG][/thread] [thread=162635][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=162717][​IMG][/thread] [thread=162632][​IMG][/thread] [thread=162500][​IMG][/thread] [thread=162852][​IMG][/thread] [thread=162644][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]DODONPACHI MAXIMUM[/size]
    is a nominee for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    24/10/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to take a ride on EVAC Co.'s maximum bullet-hell simulator, the M.B.S.?

[size=+3][thread=162877]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]
    - Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
    11-01-2012 at 10:08 AM

10. Ok, see attached photos Sapphire Neo and Tops2!!! :D

Attached Files:

11. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Great to see that others appreciate/ love Deathsmiles and Isotope, too.
    Didn't know that Isotope became universal, played it when it came out. So i'm downloading it to my iPad right now. Lots of thanks for that heads-up! :)

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Awesome! I hope you enjoy it, it's one of the most unique shmups ever, even outside iOS.

13. Isotope is weird, it is universal, but the playing field is twice as big in the ipad version, almost seems like a totally different game on my iphone and ipad. Almost the first time that I saw this. Sometimes like in Mikey Shorts, the field is a little big bigger, but in Isotope, the field is like twice as big, and the ships like half the size on my new ipad.

Plays really well on the ipad version. If you liked the iphone version, you will like the ipad version much better.

14. You guys made me break my buy only universal or hd versions rule! Haven't bought an iphone only game in one year.

But then again, usually have an early adopter rule nowadays of not buying an app til one month after release, but then again, I bought DDPM, cause Cave always has nice early adopter sales, which are cool.

15. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Haha..I good thing you weren't an early adopter of Vetica. ;)
    A long while ago the dev teased an updated with I think a new weapon..but I'm guessing the game didn't sell well enough. And its probably one of the oldies that'll never get updated to universal..

I've wanted to buy Isotope before..but for some reason I couldn't click with the controls of the lite version of that game compared to PewPew 2 or Infinity Field..

Anyways..back to Dodonpachi Maximum..I think this may well be my favorite vertical bullet hell from them. I haven't been able to unlock all stages yet, but I like the slower bullet speed of this game. It feels like when I die, its mostly cause of my inability to detect patterns, boxing myself in, or running into bullets. Their previous games eventually became too fast for me to process everything. Of course..its probably due to my lack of skill. ;-P

The 5 different ships is a nice touch (only played with 3 of them so far, and have 1 more to unlock). I think I finally can see how people got such high scores (I think with the lock on ship), compared to the default starting ship. Now I just gotta wait till Cave updates this game for the ipod touch 5 so I can take the game anywhere.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Coulda sworn I saw Storm Strikers in one of your folders ;)

17. Yeah, your eyes are good always Royce, yeah, shmups usually are my weakness when it comes to iphone only games. Looking at the records, storm strikers came out 7 months ago, so that must have been the last iphone only game I bought. Still kills me that I still don't have deathsmiles yet, but everytime I start thinking seriously about it, I get a game like Dariusburst, Space Tripper, or Blazing Star, and still hopefull for Deathsmiles hd or Deathsmiles 2.

18. Thanks, this made it really easy for me to figure out how to unlock the Orchid ship, now that I have all 5 ships, the game is even better! Thanks for posting this! :D

19. pentarou

pentarou Active Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Beat 5-D with a nice 6.3bn using the Orchid. Pretty pumped. I'm also now fully convinced the Orchid is the way to go for most if not all difficulties of Stage 5.

Can't unlock 5-E for the life of me though. Gotta practice more...

20. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #160 eev, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    a question what is the default leaderboard in this game? played some levels and unlocked too but it shows just not ranked so i suppose the default is one of the levels or what?