CoD Sales (99c and 1.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by nfong, Sep 19, 2012.

1. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    First CoD Zombies:

Call of Duty: Zombies

** ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME! **

Four Massive Zombie Maps. One Great New Price. Now includes the ALL-NEW fan f…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ** ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME! **

Four Massive Zombie Maps. One Great New Price. Now includes the ALL-NEW fan favorite, Der Riese, the largest, most feature-rich Zombie map to date. This is the ultimate Co-op experience for the iPhone/iPod Touch!

“Der Riese” (Zombie Factory) features:
    •The all-new Pack A Punch Machine allows you to upgrade ANY of your weapons: Increased Firepower, More Ammo, and a new Metal Finish.
    •New Teleporters allow you and your team to zip around this enormous map and evade the oncoming Zombie Horde.
    •The Bowie Knife allows to you take down higher level zombies in one quick blow.
    •Favorites such as the Hell Hounds, the Wunderwaffe lightning gun, and the Perks-a-Cola Machines return.
    •The online 4-player co-op action you've come to expect returns with even more intensity.

“Shi No Numa” (Zombie Swamp) features:
    •Shi No Numa is a hauntingly beautiful environment filled with terrifying zombies, weapons, and zombie traps.
    •New weapons featuring the Wunderwaffe DG-2. Fry hordes of zombies with a single blast from this shockingly powerful new weapon.
    •Survive the Hellhounds! Ferocious and fast, the Hellhounds will test your reflexes and your team's ability to work together.
    •New playable characters! Play as Tank Dempsey (US), Takeo Masaki (Japan), Nikolai Belinski (USSR), and the infamous Dr. Richtofen (Germany).
    •New Zombie traps including the Flogger for massive Zombie destruction and the Zipline for quick getaways.

Call of Duty: Zombies also includes:
    •“Verrückt” (Zombie Asylum): Dare to enter the insane asylum and fend off the Zombie onslaught alone or with friends. Use electric traps to keep the zombies at bay.
    •“Nacht der Untoten”: The original zombie map returns in all its glory. Fight to survive in the abandoned bunker that started the zombie phenomenon.

About Call of Duty: Zombies:
    Call of Duty: Zombies brings the classic Call of Duty: World at War zombie-slaying game mode to the iPhone™ and iPod® Touch. Featuring ALL 4 Zombie maps, you’ll need to bring along your friends to help push back the endless waves of attacking zombies!

Highlights include:

- Call of Duty: Zombies for the iPhone™ supports up to four players via Wi-Fi/Internet and two players via Bluetooth. Play with your friends in the same room, on the other side of town, and even across the globe. With the option of either private or open matchmaking, where there’s a Wi-Fi connection, there’s a friend to go Zombie-hunting with.*

- This is the Zombie experience from Call of Duty: World at War. All 4 Zombie maps have been fully realized on the iPhone™ in a silky smooth 3D environment, along with the return of your favorite guns and killer power ups.

- Three different control schemes are available to suit your style. Take advantage of the iPhone’s unique tilt capabilities or, for Zombie vets, use the virtual analog sticks to fend off the undead.

- Call of Duty: Zombies features a massive list of unique Achievements.
    - Leaderboard support awards the best of the best, accessed directly through your iPhone™ or iPod® Touch. Become the top zombie slayer and prove your standings to the world!

So snap to attention, pick up Call of Duty: Zombies, and start fending off the zombie horde!

*Wi-Fi support only at this time, play unavailable on cellular networks.

Note: Call of Duty: Zombies is best played on a 2nd generation iPod® Touch or higher with the latest firmware installed.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action
    Release:Nov 16, 2009
    Updated:Sep 29, 2010
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (39)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

and Black Ops:

Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies

Activision Publishing, Inc.
    The Call of Duty®: Zombies phenomenon has risen back to life. Adapted from the best-selling console hit and built speci…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The Call of Duty®: Zombies phenomenon has risen back to life. Adapted from the best-selling console hit and built specifically for tablets and smartphones, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Zombies delivers maps and weapons never before seen on mobile, and 50 levels of "Dead-Ops Arcade," a 50-level zombie gauntlet that provides the ultimate undead challenge for fans of Call of Duty’s signature zombie warfare. Play solo or join a team of up to 4 players as you mow down hordes of zombies with Call of Duty’s all-new interface, now featuring Voice Chat for the first time ever. And don’t just take our word for it; here is what critics think of the game: - "Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies is a must-have for any Call of Duty fan and for everyday gamers alike." – Mashable.com - "...after spending some time with COD: Black Ops Zombies, we think this could possibly be the best game we’ve seen yet on the Apple tablet." – Into Mobile - "As far as the whole package is concerned, I adore the Dead Ops Arcade mode and feel it adds significant value to the .99 price tag" – Destructoid - "Dead Ops…a perfect fit for the mobile platform." – G4 TV online -------------------------------------------------------------------- What's New in Version 1.3.2 o Multiplayer connection improvements o Bug fixes Finally, a variety of optimizations and fixes have also been incorporated into this update to give players the best mobile Zombie experience yet. For tips, tricks, and troubleshooting, be sure to check out the Black Ops Zombies Field Manual at www.callofduty.com/blackops/faq/ioszombies -------------------------------------------------------------------- The game has been optimized for 3rd-generation devices and higher, providing unparalleled graphics and performance. As an iOS Universal App, the game operates the same whether played on iPhone, iPod, or iPad, meaning a zombie’s brain will splatter just as vividly on your iPhone 4 Retina Display as on your iPad 2. The game also supports Game Center leaderboards so you can compete with your friends. Need more undead? Download Call of Duty: Zombies, the original mobile zombie warfare experience available on both iPhone and iPad. And don’t forget to download the Call of Duty: ELITE Mobile App for an inside-edge on your console Call of Duty Multiplayer experience.
    Information
    Seller:Activision Publishing, Inc.
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Dec 01, 2011
    Updated:Dec 17, 2015
    Version:1.3.5
    Size:839.9 MB
    User Rating: (17)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    get one of this. NOW! :)

3. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I want to but it's not available worldwide

4. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    that's why i made an itunes US account..and used it for none international/world wide games..like this one :)

5. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Question: is there any point to getting this game if you dont enjoy multiplayer? Can any solo fun be had with it or is it really just for folks who enjoy multiplayer?

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Woohoo! Time for me to pick up Black Ops.

7. Siked

Siked Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2012
    How is Black Ops on a 3rd gen iPod Touch?

Thanks.

8. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    How do these games compare to Dead Trigger? I watched some gameplay on youtube and it seemed really choppy where DT runs really well.

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm wondering this too. Also, does it have Bluetooth multiplayer like WAW Zombies did?

10. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well, if this lags so much and runs so poorly on my iphone 4, then surely it won't run any better on a 3rd gen ipod touch.
    DBC

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Eh, I went ahead and bought it since I enjoyed WAW Zombies so much. We'll see how it runs...

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #12 Greyskull, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    Which one is better? I assume that the newer version is more technologically advanced, but I have heard from some people that the original is more fun.

Also, to repeat the question of a previous poster, how is solo play?

13. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Just played a quick multiplayer match. Definitely feels different from the first, like the text is more cartoony, like it's out of a comic book. The controls are good, but it'll take some time to get used to having to tap twice to shoot. But yeah, pretty good so far. Worth the 2 bucks, I'd say. Still too early to see which is better, the first or this one.

14. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Does the ipad version only have 2 maps? the iphone version I have has 4 but in the ipad description it says its just 2. I got Black Ops on release but have since moved it to my phone to make room on my ipad and the filesize of this version is way smaller so it could be a more manageable zombie fix.

15. Siked

Siked Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2012
    So does it lag at all?

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Bought the 1.99 one. Also grabbed Dead Rising, even though I've heard it sucks. Would pick up some more, but I only have .78 cents in my account, don't have time to pick up an iTunes card, and he'll will freeze over before I leave a credit card on file with iTunes.

There are some great indie games I want to pick up, but here's the rub: I know that games by the giant publishers will stay on the AppStore. I know, even if they don't recieved tons of free extras, they won't strip out what is already there.

It's an endless circle of self destruction with a lot of indies'...they don't make enough money, so they monetize or advert-ize their previously (or currently) paid games. By now, an indie better have a solid, multi-year track record on the iOS platform for me to consider doing business with them...and even then...(bought Redtrigger because of that great Samurai game; won't be dealing with Madwhatever again...add NC Soft, RedLynx, etc).

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Both versions are on sale for $1.99.

18. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Truth, assuming the comparison is made between two equally healthy devices.

19. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #19 TheEvilRobot, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Multiplayer doesn't even work for Black ops zombies

At least not for me.

Finding matches takes at least 3 hours

20. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Yes, the original is more fun. But that's just my opinion.