Universal Wheel & Deal

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by robotegames, Jan 1, 2015.

1. robotegames

robotegames Well-Known Member

Hello! I'd like to introduce our second game - Wheel & Deal.

[​IMG]

Wheel & Deal is a retro-futuristic arcade shooter. It's coming to the App Store January 22nd 2015!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Controls are simple - pressing left side of the screen turns your vehicle left and vice versa. Your ride shoots and goes forward automatically, but you'll be able to hit the brakes by pressing both sides of the screen simultaneously.

What makes the gameplay really interesting though, is a plethora of upgrades and malfunction viruses the enemies may drop when destroyed.

Game has a global Game Center leaderboard.

Wheel & Deal launch price is $1,99 for a limited time and it will become available worldwide exclusively through the App Store on January 22nd, 2015.

Oh and here's a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-PZ9FeDTj0

Hope you guys like this one!

2. sh13ld

sh13ld Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Co-founder & CEO
    Finland
    Love the 80s style! Gotta check it out when it launches.

3. robotegames

4. robotegames

5. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    It looks great but 22nd is so far!

6. racr

racr Active Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Self-employed.
    Europe
    Nice!

Looks simple & stylish, but it's not fancy and this cuts a lot of potential interest and profits from the mass crowd. +1 for the soundtrack as well.

7. robotegames

Thank you very much! Yeah tell us about it, we can't wait the launch ourselves! :D

We need to finish some final stuff, hence 22nd.

8. robotegames

Thank you!

You are right. We are aware this game may not appeal to the masses, but there's a surprising amount of old school arcade fans browsing the App Store and we hope those guys and gals find our game! That being said, we are also working on something a bit... different which is shaping up to be our game 3, which will hopefully interest a bit bigger crowd. We'll see.

Anyways, yeah the soundtrack _is_ rad, we tells you! We really concentrated on it this time. It's coming out soonish after the launch so you can listen to it without the game ambience!

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    if this has a lot of cars and upgrades, it will be an instabuy for me too! And will there be different backgrounds/ enemies? I get a sort of Robot Unicorn Attack 2 vibe from it, in a very pleasant way!

10. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Wish I could play it now. Is there any beta or something?

11. robotegames

#11 robotegames, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Thank you! At launch the game features four cars with different guns and stats which you can unlock by playing the game and earning cash. The last one - Knight Ace - is the point where the game really starts - you can expect some surprises regarding new, harder, enemies when you play with it! ;) Also it is hard to really dominate the leaderboard without your Knight Ace. You can score decent scores with earlier vehicles tho, if you are lucky and get the right upgrades!

We are already planning an update with extra content, if the sales are good enough. The updates will be free of charge - we are strictly against IAPs and ads in our games.

12. robotegames

Sorry, not this time! That being said, we are planning to raffle some promocodes before the launch - check us out on Twitter @robotegames - to get in when we do!

13. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thank you for the reply, you have a buyer and good luck, hope it sells great for you guys and we get more content also :)

14. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Thanks! If you do that soon I'll keep an eye if it's near the launch I'll wait and buy it.

15. deadjam

deadjam Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Digital Designer
    London, UK
    Like the style, I'll keep my eyes open for this.

16. robotegames

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

17. Robin/P1XL

Robin/P1XL Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Programmer
    Thunder Bay, Canada
    Looks interesting, but it would appeal to me more if it had environmental obstacles, such as in a city, or in Berzerk-like levels. Nothing too cramped or restrictive, but enough to give more of a sense of driving to match the car.

18. robotegames

#18 robotegames, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Thanks for the suggestion! We actually toyed around with small obstacles during the development, but decided to scrap them as we really wanted to focus on different cars, guns, enemies and upgrades instead of the arena.

However, we really would like to add some more content, so it's possible we'll revisit that side later... we'll see!

19. robotegames

20. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Finland
    Tried this and it is as cool as it looks!

And it sounds awesome too! :)