Grinns Legacy - Beta Test

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nostopsign, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Nostopsign

Nostopsign Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Game Developer
    Seattle, WA
    Hey guys,

Grinns Legacy is a RPG game with touch centric battle system where we put lot of efforts into making multi touch fun and interesting.
    Here’s the TA interview article you might want to check out.
    http://toucharcade.com/2016/03/14/gdc-2016-grinns-legacy/

We are starting Beta test today and would love to get your feedback to improve the game further.
    It’s also going to be released to select countries for Soft Launch this week.

Please send Beta request to, [email protected]

(Beta access will be available through TestFlight to apple devices with iOS 9.x)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GrinnsLegacy

2. Nostopsign

Nostopsign Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Game Developer
    Seattle, WA
    First batch of beta requests been processed! Enjoy~

3. Nostopsign

Nostopsign Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Game Developer
    Seattle, WA
    We've are now live in soft launch countries. For those of you who are in AU/ID/NZ/PH/SG regions, you can download it from the store.
    If you have a feedback or comment on game, please reply to this posting. Thanks.

4. Nostopsign

Nostopsign Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Game Developer
    Seattle, WA
    Are there anyone here from AU/NZ/ID/PH/SG region? Would really love to hear some feedback.

5. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    I'll be honest I didn't play much, only because (and this was a problem another forum goer had as well) the game started with the first 3 areas complete and tons of 3-4 star weapons. I actually had to sell stuff when I first logged on (for the first time ever) just to go do a level.

I really lost interest in playing too much of the game at that point because after breezing through a few levels I just sort of stopped playing.

This was a error at least two people had, before this game goes wide I would figure out why. The game has potential and maybe when it launches fully I'll redownload it in my native country. But if that same issue occurs it will be a instant delete.

6. Nostopsign

Nostopsign Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Game Developer
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for bringing this up. We have already fixed the issue, so shouldn't happen for people installing it from the store.
    Also, if you should want to play this again from the beginning, please send in a support ticket through the menu within game.
    We'll have it fixed ASAP.

Thank you.
    Nostopsign

7. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I am from AUS playing the soft-launch and really liking the game. I like the opt-out ads at the end as well. It's nice you don't have to watch if you don't want to.

One thing I am struggling with is the combos. I must have breezed over it in the beginning but I can't figure out how to reliably do a combo with my heroes. There doesn't seem to be a way to find out after the initial tutorial.

The gameplay mechanics are fun. I like the timing aspect. I can imagine combos and using appropriate types becomes more important as you progress so knowing how to utilise the mechanics is a must. Perhaps a training Center or something where you can revisit the tutorials or practice making combos?

8. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    It would also be nice to know the max level any particular gear can reach. Currently I think you don't know until you hit the max.

9. Nostopsign

Nostopsign Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Game Developer
    Seattle, WA
    Thank you for the feedback. As for combos, having multiple hero lock on to monster within given amount of time will activate combos.
    Also, for Dual Attacks, you can create dual attack with same type of weapon by dragging the attack meter on top of a character with same weapon(meter has to be charged to full).

Also, keep in mind that you can use all four of your fingers to speed up attack meter simultaneously.

We'll look into revisiting combo or dual slash tutorials like you suggested.

NoStopSign

10. Nostopsign

Nostopsign Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Game Developer
    Seattle, WA
    YES! That I always wanted to know, but didn't have chance to make into the game. We'll make sure to find a good spot to show it!!
    Thanks for reminding us.

NoStopSign

11. Nostopsign

Nostopsign Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Game Developer
    Seattle, WA
    Grinns Legacy is now available to 152 countries on App Store.