What are the best games for the iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jhonsonck, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jhonsonck

jhonsonck New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    'm 12 year old kid and I want to buy games for the iPad. I don't know any fun games can you please suggest some. I like games like labyrinth, and flight control. Thank you.

2. Chod

Chod Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Foosball if you like labarynth.

I like dominion HD, blood and honor, might and card and small world for board game style games.

Pocket legends is a good fun mmorpg and it is free till level 13.

3. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
  4. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

5. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    #6 inferi22, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
    Mirrors edge and Sam and Max are really great and feel as though they could be on xbox live arcade. Sam and Max season 2 is already on XBLA and mirrors edge really captures feel of shadow complex mixed with the gameplay of a much better chop chop runner.

6. idiotcoder

idiotcoder Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Carcassonne may be an iPhone app, but it doubles quite well and will come out as universal soon (so you won't be wasting your money).
    Small World - Great two player board game for the pad.
    Battle for Wesnoth HD - endless turn based strategy fun
    Labyrinth 2 HD - Near infinite levels of fun

Blokus HD has caught my interest (as I like the board game), but I need to try it out before I'd be willing to recommend it.

I still cannot recommend Civ Rev, as they basically pushed it out with bugs and haven't done anything to improve it since then. I don't have much faith in them using it for anything more than a money grab.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The OP seems to be looking for more casual games. For me, however, by far the best game I've played on the iPad is The War of Eustrath. I've put in over 12 hours into it and am nowhere near the end.

8. Deth4U2

Deth4U2 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Galcon Fusion has been draining away my free time lately. Great strategy game. :) I also recommend Space Station Frontier and Battle for Wesnoth.

9. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
  10. bdegrande

bdegrande Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Plants vs. Zombies HD. I think it is the sort of casual game that you would like, but it is one of the best regardless of what type of games you like. Well over 90% 5* ratings in the app store.

11. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
  12. understudyheroes

Jun 5, 2010
    I suggest meteor blitz hd over geometry wars.

I think the controls are better and the game play is more immediate go shoot stuff.

13. KungPhoo

KungPhoo Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
  14. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Marble Mixer has my vote, 100%.

Three game styles run the gamut from turn-by-turn strategic play, or full-on frenzied free-for-alls.

Looks great / Plays great.

15. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

I love that game :)

16. Watson

Watson Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Also, don't forget that as appealing as HD games are on the iPad, most non-HD games look and play very nicely on the iPad -- in many cases there isn't a compelling reason to pay the premium for an HD version. If you're talking about a racing game or some other highly 'visual' game, then sure - get the HD version if you can afford it. But if you are looking at casual games, iPhone versions typically do the job very well.

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Harbor Master HD
    Chain Link HD

Are a couple of great HD line drawers (or similar type) games.

18. AlanB

AlanB Member

Jun 10, 2010
    give angry birds a try. i saved $4 and bought the iphone version (150 levels is plenty for me!) and it looks great in 2X. Other iphone games that look great on ipad and might fit in with labyrinth and flight control: enigmo; fragger; the package. All are physics based puzzles that will only cost you a buck (and may have lite versions)

19. sniper

sniper Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I have to admit I"m an avid fan of Worms HD :)

Unfortunately, a lot of my friends don't quite get it.. They're retarded, I'm afraid.