Firewall - The board game where you make the rules

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aviadbd, Jun 29, 2011.

1. aviadbd

aviadbd Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Software n' stuff
    [​IMG]

I would like to receive comments on a new game I'm going to publish (my first). I'd appreciate any kind of feedback, but just don't forget to put the good with the bad. :)

If you liked it, please click here and find out more about development progress and how you can help too!

About Firewall

Tired of always playing by the rules? Now you can make your own!

Firewall is a two-player tactical board game where you get to decide the
    rules.

In Firewall, you command an evil army of cyber units on a battlefield where the rules of war change according to players' whims.

How it works

The aim of the game is for players to win points by taking their opponent's units.

But in Firewall, as in all cyber warfare, there are no hard and fast rules. Players get cards that help them shift the balance of power, like by making threatened units poisonous, so your opponent loses a point if she takes it, or by switching the direction a type of unit can move.

Combine luck with tactics in a game where no match is ever the same.

2. blindspot

blindspot Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Scholarly Publisher
    Berkeley, CA
    Says I can get it at the App Store. I don't see it. Link?

3. aviadbd

Apr 26, 2011
    Software n' stuff
    You're correct - there is a mistake in the video. It'll be available only in two-three weeks. Originally I made it as a promo pitch and then decided to use it for IndieGogo, forgot to change the final wording... :-/

Any other comments than this?

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    This app looks pretty cool. Will it support Online Multiplayer (eg. gamecenter multiplayer)? I like the idea of being able to change the rules. Are there a lot of things you can change?

5. aviadbd

Apr 26, 2011
    Software n' stuff
    You can change the distance units move, the direction they move to, and the type of bonuses you get for eating a unit or eating with a unit.
    For example, you can make "poison" units by making a rule that "when eating a zombie, lose 2 points".

And yes, the game supports online multiplayer "out of the box", even in the free version. The idea is to get as many players as possible on the multiplayer so everyone can enjoy this!