iPhone 5S to arrive early 2013

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by outqube, Nov 15, 2012.

1. outqube

outqube Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    App Developer
    Canada
    #1 outqube, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
  2. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I really don't think they're going to do that. At least I hope not. Seems like they are just trying to get a decent stock of them prior to release so they don't face the troubles they are with the iPhone 5 now.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I don't know I read the same rumour a few days ago on the tech site theregister

Just dug through my history

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/12/iphone_5s_rumor/

I actually wouldn't be surprised after what they did with iPad it might be their new strategy to make more money.

4. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's impossible. it would be another color iphone 5, never will be iphone 5s.
    It's just too stupid for Apple to do that, release a new gen iphone after such a short time only can be bad to their business.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well theyve released a new ipad shortly after the ipad 3, wouldnt surprise me with the phone. Hope they dont, before things seemed quite short (was normally a year between models) , even shorter does seem ridiculous. I mean the queues outside shops for the Ipad 4 i heard werent crazy as they were with the ipad 3. People will eventually get fed up if theres a new version every few minutes !

I got my ipad 3 in August, was annoyed when this latest ipad was then coming out.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    People used to say that about yearly upgrades.

7. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    oh, it's remind me of something, this could be ture.
    5s would use A6X replace A6 of 5. it's not a bad thing.
    then the power of 5s will be better than 5 but not better that much, still the same line with ipad 4. This could be nice. people enjoy the iphone half year later get half-gen more power. this is reasonable.
    ipad 3 to ipad 4, different story. ipad 3 takes one year to upgrade from ipad 2 but only half gen more power.
    But the worst story is ipod touch 3rd gen 8 gig version, it's the same hardware with ipod 2 gen.

8. 3 days after the ipad 4 released at the busiest apple store in los angeles at the grove, there were just 2 people looking at it out of about 16 ipad 4 stations. Totally empty.

The old new ipad had plenty of hype, but as you know, and all of is new ipaders regret, is that the cycle was so short this time.

Kind of makes me wonder if apple will just altogether go away with yearly cycles and just do it when it makes sense for them.

Or maybe they will go with cycles that correlate with xmas the best which it was this year.

Who knows.