Can you survive the storm? (Storm Attack preview)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mike_RNR, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Mike_RNR

Mike_RNR Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    lead dev on Storm Attack
    Minnesota
    #1 Mike_RNR, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Visit the official website!
    Follow Storm Attack on Twitter!
    Become a Facebook Fan!

Storm Attack is a fast-paced arcade block-blasting game from Rhock & Rholl Studios. Players are tasked with dragging, arranging, and zapping away a constant stream of falling blocks, with a simple goal in mind: score as many points as possible before a stack of blocks reaches the top of the screen. However, every 60 seconds, a storm rolls in and rains down a swarm of fast-moving blocks. Storm sizes increase as the game goes on. Additionally, players need to keep an eye on their ammo, as they’ll need it to destroy blocks.

The storm and ammo systems are what set Storm Attack apart from similar titles. The storm system adds a challenging time component, as players need to get the playfield reasonably clear every minute. Additionally, the ammo system adds a layer of resource management, encouraging players to think carefully about how they arrange their blocks, and which clusters they destroy.

Additional Features

• Full AGON Online integration, including:
    • 35 awards (achievements) to unlock
    • Online leaderboards
    • Friends lists
    • Facebook/Twitter integration​
    • Stat-tracking
    • Shake Storms – shaking the device forces a mini-storm, refilling some of the playfield and allowing advanced players to adjust difficulty on-the-fly
    • multiple music tracks, with an option for players to listen to their own
    • auto-save functionality
    • In-game tutorial

Storm Attack and Storm Attack Lite have been submitted to Apple and should be available on the app store by early-mid October.

Once it's out, I'll be back with a few promo codes to let some of you check it out for free!

--Mike

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Looks pretty good. Maybe you could use a different font?

3. Mike_RNR

Oct 1, 2009
    lead dev on Storm Attack
    Minnesota
    Thanks Gryphon, glad to here you think it looks neat :)

About the font though - you're actually the first person to mention anything. Could you be more specific? Might be something to consider tweaking in an update.

--Mike

4. Mike_RNR

Oct 1, 2009
    lead dev on Storm Attack
    Minnesota
    I'm looking for suggestions as to possible promo code contests once the game is released. A few of the codes will likely just be given away... but doing that by itself would be too boring!

Some of the ideas rolling around in my gearhouse:

Have contestants...
    1. Post images of lightning storms (storms are the focal point of the game, after all). Coolest/most intense (as determined by me) get codes. Images can be personal photos, found on the interwebs, or created from scratch.
    2. Download the free Lite version and meet certain goals within the game (e.g. codes for first person to end a game with exactly 21 Color Clears, first person to obtain 3 specific awards, etc.).
    3. Write haikus about Storm Attack! Wittiest haikus win codes.
    That's all I've got right now.

I'd really like some feedback! What do you guys think would be fun? If you suggest a new idea and I end up using it, you'll be credited in the contest thread.

5. Mike_RNR

Oct 1, 2009
    lead dev on Storm Attack
    Minnesota
    Both Storm Attack and Storm Attack Lite are now Live!

Full Version

FREE Lite Version

I'll be starting a promo code giveaway/contest tomorrow in the contest forum!