robot a logic game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JustSid, Oct 22, 2009.

1. JustSid

JustSid Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Dragon hunter!
    Germany
    #1 JustSid, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    Heyho everyone,

I'm proud to present my upcoming project named robot. It's a very simple logic game, your goal is to "program" a little robot so that he switches all lights on.
    You can choose from a small amount of commands and create functions out of them.

Because pictures says more than 1000 words, here is a short demo video:
    http://www.vimeo.com/7208416

And here a some Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(remember! The game is in an early stage, so the most graphics are still placeholders, but the game does working.)

You have on the left side 7 buttons. Those are commands for the robot, "go one step", "turn left", "turn right", "jump", "switch light on/off", "call function one" and "call function two". You can "pick them up" by tap on them and then you can place them in the functions on the right side. The large one on top is the main function, the other ones are function one and two. When you start the robot, it will execute all commands in the main function (from left to right, from top to down). And if you call another function (like function one ("Fx 1")) the robot will pause the function, executes the new function and will then proceed the old function.

I have the original idea from light-bot, a really great flash game. But I will also include downloadable levels, an editor and some other features. So it isn't a pure clone.
    Tell me what you are thinking about it.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Looks pretty cool - video says it is private. :(

3. JustSid

JustSid Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Dragon hunter!
    Germany
    Woops, fixed the vid.

4. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    This looks pretty interesting, but I am a bit confused as to what exactly is going on.

5. JustSid

JustSid Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Dragon hunter!
    Germany
    Thank you, I've edited the first post. Hope it is now clear what the game is and does (sry, my english is very bad and it's really hard to explain these things ^^).

6. Pinkelman

Pinkelman Member

May 18, 2009
    It sounds as the same concept as an existing game: Robo Logic.

7. JustSid

JustSid Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Dragon hunter!
    Germany
    Oh great... i've looked through the AppStore and thought there wasn't a game like that. Anyhow, I will continue the development of the game.

8. Also armorgames has the lightbot game out itself for free for iphone.

9. Pinkelman

Pinkelman Member

May 18, 2009
    Thanks.
    I didn't know where this concept originates, but found this webpage that tries to answer that.

10. JustSid

JustSid Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Dragon hunter!
    Germany
    Okay, the game exist already for the iPhone. But! All the games don't have an editor or the possibility to upload or download levels. My version has also a Highscore function and different ground types. So I think my version has the right to exist.