iPad [Soft Launch] Backyard Battles (By Roman Vasilyan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fireman4200, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Fireman4200

Fireman4200 Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Bartender
    Idaho
    Found this game when I was on the Canadian App Store, never seen it before and it was in top free so I decided to check it out. Its actually a kids game, but still pretty fun and addicting. Not sure why TA or any others don't have any reviews, posts, links or anything about this game. Must kinda be under the radar at the moment. Hopefully this post will have TA take a look at it.

It's available on the Canadian AppStore and one other. Download links for iOS and Andoid on bottom. Check it out and let me know what you think. Enjoy :)

Backyard Battles
    https://image.winudf.com/v1/image/Y29tLnZhc2lseWFuZGV2LmJhdHRsZWJvdHMuZ29vZ2xlX2ljb25fc3E1Nmo1cG4/icon=130x.png

Description:
    Build your own war machine from collected parts and unleash its power against other players in uncontrollable physics-based battles!

Fight your way up from the backyards to the World Scrap Championship. Win new parts and use them to design an unbeatable fighting machine. Make every opponent bite the dust!

Features:
    * Be a master engineer: design, craft, upgrade and improve the ultimate war machine!
    * Fight with other players in asynchronous fast and hilarious battles!
    * Discover dozens of crazy weapons, gadgets and body shapes. Outsmart your opponents with your unique design!
    * Participate in championships with real players and fight your way up to the World Scrap Championship!
    * Watch, share and learn from the best battles!

What's new
    2017-02-09

NEW RATING SYSTEM. Rating now doesn't depend on your parts. Promote, win fights and bets to increase it endlessly! Old players will have their rating converted to the new one.

NEW PRESTIGE LEVELS. 5 more prestige levels are waiting. Who will be the first to reach prestige 10?

FUEL REFILLS AFTER PROMOTING. As easy as it sounds. Promote and keep fighting.

IMPROVED GRAPHICS. Uncle Tony is more alive than ever. Enjoy a fancier main screen.

BALANCE IMPROVEMENTS. Minor tweaks here and there.

iTunes download link: https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/backyard-battles/id1078271833?mt=8&at=1l3vmto

Android download link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vasilyandev.battlebots.google&hl=nl

Attached Files:

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This looks awesome, wish it was US.

3. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    Just get a CA Apple user ID, then you can get the game from the CA App Store. It's very easy to do.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I have one but it's such a pain.

5. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    It takes 2 minutes MAX to log out and then log back in with your CA ID, and then do a search for the title. And after that maybe another 30 secs to start DLing the app. This is FAR from being "a pain".

6. SwEDISH GuY8G

SwEDISH GuY8G Member

Dec 29, 2014
    I can download ot in the Swedish AppStore

7. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Reminds me of the UK game show Robot Wars.
    Any imps?

8. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    It's free, totally worth a download. YMMV as far as how long it remains charming and engaging.

Pro:
    Very polished, responsive user interface. Building bots is intuitive and fun
    You can bet parts in other matches to make them "super parts"
    Cats driving robots, what's not to like?

Con:
    You just watch the bots fight (not unlike other Robot Wars style games), and the winner is usually decided in seconds. One of them flips over and can't damage the other, wait until it explodes. There's nothing you can do to influence it, and so far I haven't seen any genuine upsets.

Strip away the automated battles and it's basically a gumball machine with timers. A cute one, but I have a feeling that the game is "solvable." That is, the community will quickly find an optimum bot configuration and that's all you'll end up seeing in the leaderboard. The only differences will be how much the parts and your tech tree are upgraded.

9. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    This probably the first time I have preferred an android version over iOS. The game gives you way more stuff to collect, plus makes it easier on android.

10. MacGyver

MacGyver Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    This one is super fun. Note: there are two versions of the game being A/B tested, one with unlimited free fights and one with "fuel" nonsense. Just delete/re download game (it resets you) to get the other version, which is super fun!

11. This definitely looks like a soft launch for a new ZeptoLab game :)

12. Cubeboy

Cubeboy New Member

Mar 17, 2017
    It is great. I got a Boulder which is +100% TO TIRE what does it mean?

13. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    New name but its removed from the CA store :(. Can someone check in the austria and sweden?

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It's removed but I downloaded from my purchased list and the servers are up and people are still active.
    I think they just took it off the AppStore while they do some major updates.

15. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #15 Saucepolicy, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Some rando PM'ed me asking for my CA account info so he can play this "awesome game," in broken English.

This should go without saying but if he hits you up too, DON'T DO IT. I'll give him credit for the audacity of even asking, but hell no.