Digit Defenders v1.0.1

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rcloudsoftware, Aug 25, 2009.

1. rcloudsoftware

rcloudsoftware Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Hi,

I've submitted an update to Digit Defenders (release thread in iPhone Game forum), with the following updates:

1. Various gameplay improvements.
    2. Level descriptions added to each level, short help text explaining each level content
    3. Visual feedback on half-solved quadratic equations
    4. Improvements to the sound engine

If you have any other suggestions or feedback, please contact me, I would love to hear how you like the game...and especially how the young kids react to the child-friendly levels.

Thanks
    Ryan
    R.Cloud Software

2. tetrapod

tetrapod New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    California
    good for kids

This would be good for kids, a neat way to teach them advanced math!

3. rcloudsoftware

Feb 23, 2009
    We're hoping to do just that.

Additionally, a Free lite version is in the workx. Stay tuned for that release within the next couple weeks (pending apple's ever-growing approval time). I'm seeing about an average of 14 days now. How about others...are you guys seeing about the same?

4. goddess101

goddess101 New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    networked high score table

would love a global high score table. i think kids would like to see how they rank with other kids (particularly in their age range).

5. rcloudsoftware

Feb 23, 2009
    That is also a feature we've have on "the list." I think as soon as we get the infrastructure to support this, we'll have a bunch of other server-based features.

Also, we've considered using Open Feint. I'd love to hear other poeple's experience with open feint, both from a user, and a developer perspective.

thanks
    ryan

6. cilibrar

cilibrar New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    how long should high scores stay globally?

Just wondering how long high scores should stay on the global high score table. What do people think? What if scores stay up a maximum of a week before being expired and removed?

7. rcloudsoftware

Feb 23, 2009
    I like how besiegement does it. There's a daily, weekly, and monthly table... It allows you to have a feeling of accomplishment, no matter how late you are to the game.

Has anyone seen a better implementation? And what about Open Feint...how is it handled there?

Thanks
    Ryan

8. goddess101

goddess101 New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    I was gonna suggest something like this too. I would also add 'All time'.

9. somedude

somedude Member

Aug 26, 2009
    My experience with Feint is that it is pretty awesome. I hope more game developers adopt it as a platform.

10. rcloudsoftware

Feb 23, 2009
    This has just been approved, and it's on sale too this weekend...so it's a great chance to buy at a temporarily reduced rate. buy up while it's cheap!

Thanks
    R.