Welcome to the Android Games forum!

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by Eli, Feb 28, 2013.

1. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, will the games posted in this section only be Android exclusive?

And will you be changing your slogan?

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    It should be posted to both I'd say.

arn

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Wow, this is just odd seeing an Android forum. Wonder if there are enough hardcore Android gamers out there for this section to take off.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    TERRIFIC!! Thank you Arn, Eli, TA and everyone else in making this so.
    Nice that we can stick to this site for both platforms.:)

5. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    This is seriously cool. Let see how big this forum gets.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    For those asking about App Shopper/AppZapp apps on Android, there's not really any that are any good. There's AppSales, but it doesn't seem to pick up everything and then there is an AppZapp app, but it is HORRIBLE. Half of the price changes on AppZapp are actually corrections (like a game that was listed as $500 that's supposed to be $5).

So if anyone does find something better, I'd love to know about it. I understand it's more difficult to track with the way Google Play works and, of course, there's different App stores like Amazon that may be running a different sale.

7. menendez

menendez Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    X2. Im expecting the best in this forum!!

8. Thunna

Thunna Active Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Beyond Thunderdome
    Definitely excited to see the Android forum. TA is the best in finding out about the latest or upcoming games. I have an aging iPod Touch 4 which seems to be able to play fewer and fewer games, and a Nexus 7. I typically still check this site everyday and now how even more reason too! Thanks for starting this forum!!!:)

9. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Very nice. Thanks Eli! I'm excited to have more reasons to come back.

10. Cool, I like it, someone better be posting some hdmi pictures!!!

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I can't believe this actually happened. I hope this forum really blossoms. I've been an android user since before my first iOS device (iPod Touch 2G).

12. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the Android forum TA! What a pleasant surprise!

13. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Ha, took me a few days to notice this exists :) cool progress though

14. LetsGototheBeach

Mar 20, 2013
    Hello I'm new here. I'm currently addicted to Awesome Free, Hotel Story, Simpsons Tapped Out and Stardom. :)

15. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Great to see an android forum. I own a s3 so this is great.

Things are still kinda slow this side as compared to the ios section. Does anyone know of any other forum that offers the quality topics such as the ios part of TA?

Pm me if you know. Thanks.

16. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    #36 iamseamonster, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    As a long time TAer who just got his first non-iPhone phone in years (HTC one), I'm happy that I don't have to find a new forum for my phone gaming. Though its aggravating looking at all the ios freebies I can't dl away from home now!

So far android gaming hasn't been the best.. Bought repulze for a buck off of play and the controls are nowhere near playable. Tilt controls are super jerky, you can see the camera jerk as it changes angles.. Touch/virtual controls work best but im constantly running into walls and missing gates. Slide controls flat out don't work. Maybe it's just because the phone is so new, game needs tweaking? Can that happen? I have it on my iPad as well and not experiencing control issues like this. I hope this sort of thing isn't typical among android games, what with all the zillions of different phones things need to support.

If anyone has any recommendations for the better games on the google play store ill happily take any suggestions :)

17. CloFG

CloFG Member

Hi !
    i'm new on this forum, and though i've only tested one or two games on iOS, i've always played on my Android phones. Yes, there are still more games available on iOS than on Android, but it's changing. And i can tell you, that these control problems you've had iamseamonster are not usual (but try contacting their support, you'll never know, maybe they'll fix it on an update).
    For me, as a player, and for work (i'm community manager for a french studio), i love Android (always been a fan) :p But today, with all the new games appearing every day on the Play Store, it's hard to find the really good ones.

18. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    sadly my ipad 3 died, but my nexus 4 is better hardware wise in every aspect minus the screen size, android market is not quite apple worthy but they are getting there the ports are starting to happen more frequent, here is hoping for robot unicorn attack 2 on play store!

19. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Sadly not. I would sign up for Humble Bundle though... they often sell games for multiple platforms, including Steam, PC, Mac OSX, and Android. Game bundles can be had for as little as a few $. It really is quite a different model for selling games.

20. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines