iOS device/iTunes WIFI issues...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by McCREE, Feb 20, 2013.

1. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Hi, TA

I've looked all over the Internet and I've found a ton of complaints but no resolution. I thought I'd check and see if you guys can help.

My iPad and iPhone will not connect to iTunes over WIFI.

I am connected, on both devices, to WIFI, and can browse with no problem, but iTunes seldom recognizes either device. Furthermore, I just started tinkering with iFunBox, and it has similar problems. When one connects, the other will, but this only happens seemingly at random, and not very often.

Anyone else have or had this problem? It seems pretty widespread, but I can't find a solution. Anything else in my house that runs on WIFI is unaffected. The only problems come from iDevices and their interplay with iTunes.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    a bump ;)

nope no problems here using ipad2, iphone5, 2x ipod4g with 64gb wifi ios5.11, on 5Mbps / dd-wrt linksys 54gs.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    While we are on the subject of iTunes, it had stopped recognising my iDevices consistently ever since I plugged an old iPod Nano into my PC. Reintsalling iTunes didn't help either. Is buying a new Mac the only way to get syncing back or is the iCloud syncing good enough?

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    itunes is the only thing that has ever managed to crash my router while trying to use wifi sync I don't know what it does exactly but I believe it's not standard and I conspiratorially think it might be on purpose so they can sell their airport express ones.

To the guy who can't sync normally I'm not sure about macs but on windows I would unninstall then remove the whole iTunes folder if possible (mines in the location music but I'm on windows). Then try reinstalling iTunes.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    it might be a cable issue. i've had wifi sync problems like this that were fixed when i switched to a different cable. itunes is weird like that.