Universal Burn it Down (by Tapinator)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 23, 2015.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England

Burn It Down

Tapinator, Inc.
    You awaken in your mansion and discover that your love is missing. She has been kidnapped but it's unclear as to by who…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    You awaken in your mansion and discover that your love is missing. She has been kidnapped but it's unclear as to by whom and why. Your mission is to find her and, on this journey, you'll discover truths that will change your relationship forever... Features ----------- * beautiful and chilling pixel graphics * an intimate not-what-you-think love story * only two control inputs: left & right * cryptic mind-bending puzzles * clues and mysteries are scattered throughout * shadow guides to help you when you're stumped * new: blood and horror modes * new: leaderboards and achievements About Tapinator Tapinator (Ticker: TAPM) designs, develops, and publishes games on mobile platforms. The Company’s portfolio includes over 300 mobile gaming titles that, collectively, have achieved over 400 million downloads. Tapinator is headquartered in New York. For more info, visit Tapinator.com.
    Information
    Seller:Tapinator, Inc.
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle
    Release:Apr 23, 2015
    Updated:Oct 29, 2015
    Version:1.1
    Size:21.9 MB
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im intrigued by this. I actually love these type of games, when done right. :D

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy hell... Guys you need to check this out.

Very simple yet well-implemented controls. Tap and hold the left or right side of the screen to move in that direction. Run for a certain distance to gain momentum, and you automatically jump of the end of platforms. Stop just before the end and walk to drop down. This is essential for platforming in this gem.

The first few areas teach you how to do these by providig a simple scenario with these elements introduced one by one. Eventually they add retracting spikes, dripping water (which seems harmful to you), etc.

The level designs are well-thought out, and really brings out the simple platforming mechanics' potential.

Surprisingly, the game has voice acting, which is pretty refreshing as most games of this genre only use text. Kinda elevates the atmosphere a bit more.

Visuals, as seen on the screenshots, are pretty good. I think ambient lighting could improve the experience, but it looks decent even without.

It's free, asking only for a buck to remove ads, and the other IAP is to buy hints which show you a walkthrough of how to complete the levels, which are certainly unnecessary because you should be able to figure out the correct path to get to the next rooms.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep good shout. At first i thought 'oh no no jump button' but obviously you have to use a bit of strategy

Love the graphics, professional voice audio, nice creepy sound effects. Well worth it, going to buy this for sure so the dev gets something

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Wow. Downloading it now. This looks good.

6. 3MinMars

3MinMars Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Oh man, this is awesome, thanks. The controls are simple and tight, which is especially hard for platformers on a touchscreen (I hate virtual d-pads so much). The puzzles are elegant. And I'm a sucker for minimal, atmospheric narrative games. Sold!

7. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Interesting inexplicable nerd voice, reminds me of Spiral Episode 1.

Great game at any rate.

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Done with the first 30 levels!
    It's a great minimals puzzle platformer with a dense atmosphere! Love the so simple yet working controls! Highly recommended!

9. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Game crashes as soon as I open it.. I'm using an iPad mini retina on the latest OS

10. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Really enjoying this one. Wonderful atmosphere !!!

11. Rawonspecial

Rawonspecial New Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Just finished the game, pretty short but its free so no complain there.

I was kind of hoping for a scary/creepy twist at the end but, guess they went "lighthearted" twist there lol

12. erryox

erryox New Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Hi everyone! Thank you all for the kind words, I'm a developer:)

Luciano1084, sorry for this bug. The game minimizes rarely when you run it, you can just run it again, and everything will be fine.

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Fun little game, well thought out. As a married with children guy - loved the ending!! :)

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks for the game. Very polished. Please do a sequel !

15. wovencharlie

wovencharlie Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Awesome game! The graphics & audio / voiceover are all great. You can tell a great amount of effort went into making this gameplay feel seamless. I've only played for a short time, and I already can't wait to get back in and see how the game presents new challenges & progresses.

I also love that you're not forcing a control scheme of a gameboy. I liked tiny dangerous dungeons, but with that game, the controls really started to get in the way.

Great work!

16. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    No worries, your right I just deleted and reinstalled and had no issues.. Thanks for the reply and great job on the game ##

17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#18 Anotherkellydown, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    [​IMG]

[thread=260161][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259990][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260091][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260071][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260156][​IMG][/thread][thread=260068][​IMG][/thread]

Burn It Down

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

April 23rd, 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own game!

Credit to Andy C83 for GotW logo