iCade Core

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dancj, Feb 21, 2013.

1. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hi

I'm thinking of getting an iPad Core for my iPad 3, but it has a gel case that's quite hard to get it in and out of.

Does anyone know if an iPad 3 with a gel case will fit okay in an iCade Core?

Thanks

Dan

(I'm reposting this here because apparently I got the wrong board the first time)

2. I think I am going to buy a core today. Not sure about your specific question, but since you don't have to have your ipad 3 attached to the core, you could use a tripod or hdmi tv. But maybe you already know this.

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Unfortunately I don't have the HD TV Out cable, only the old standard def one - but then for Retro games that won't be a problem.

4. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I would chat to TA member jwm2 first. He has sold a few cores to TA guys with modded buttons and joysticks using superior parts. If your gonna buy one might as well super charge it right. He seems like a cool guy and I would've got one myself but I'm Aus is a little too far to justify it.
    I'm currently testing a few games via hdmi using the icade. Ill post my impressions in the hdmi thread:)

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Thanks, but that would push it outside my price range. With a bit of patience I should be able to get one for under £25 on eBay.

6. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    From what I've found online I think the iPad 3 or 4 will be fine. It just mentions 1 and 2 because that was what was out when they released the iCade core.