Games listed as the wrong size in the sync tab...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Demonskunk, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Demonskunk

Demonskunk Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    #1 Demonskunk, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
    I download a lot of apps, but I've noticed something odd that occurs with some of them.

Has anyone noticed that certain games will show up at around 1.20 gigabytes in size in the sync tab for the ipod touch but everywhere else will be listed their real price.

For instance: Puzzle Quest 2 is 576mb in the app store. It's 576mb when I go to the apps tab in iTunes and it's listed as 572 MB in the iTunes store...
    but in the sync tab for my ipod touch it's listed as 1.22 Gigabytes.

http://d.pr/RzUx <-- Image.

And if you look, you can also see Rage HD. Rage HD is listed as 745mb in the iTunes store and it's listed as 1.18GB in my list.

It's sorta pissing me off because I haven't been able to put Puzzlequest on my iPod because of this, and I just missed the sale on Asphault 6 because it was too big to fit on my iPod

2. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I believe that the one in sync page is uncompressed while the one in itunes is compressed.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3 backtothis, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
    Um, no shit? This is how iOS games have always worked. It's what happens when you download files rather than use tangible media discs. The downloaded file is compressed. To make it possible to use once it's on your device, the data file uncompresses. You've been here since 2009. That's quite embarrassing. Why would you miss a sale based on how much memory was on your iPod? You can buy a game and then choose to download and install it at any time. As soon as you have purchased a file, you have the freedom to download it as many times as you wish with that same iTunes account.

4. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I read this and thought you were the op yelling at me..:D

5. sampdx

sampdx Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2011
    No need to be rude.

But yeah that's normal. Though I wish Asphalt 6 was actually 559 MB. :)

6. Demonskunk

Demonskunk Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Thanks, I've been wondering that for a long time. the thing that threw me off was that PQ2 shows up smaller in the apps area of iTunes than it does in the sync area whereas Rage HD shows up the same size.