The Drowning - The end of the world is a beautiful thing [FPS]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by defred34, Dec 6, 2012.

1. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    If anyone has further new information on this game, please feel free to update this thread.

2. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    From FB

"Wondering what iOS devices will run The Drowning?

iPad - 2, 3, 4, Mini
    iPhone - 4S, 5
    iPod - 5th Generation"

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    So iPod 4g is out?

4. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    Ask them/devs on FB? as I really don't know anything, I just saw that post the other day and wanted to post it here since thread has little to no activity

5. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    As soon as I saw "play for free" I got very upset. It just proves that either the game is not that good and took about 7 minutes to make, or it will be heavy dependant on IAPs.

However, I feel dead trigger was not that bad and is underrated. Sure it's repetitive, but the arenas with rounds is quite fun, I still play it now from time to time.

6. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    I pretty much agree with everything you stated :)

There are some other games similar to this that you might like e.g. Journey to Hell ex Project Holyshield?

7. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Hate to say it, but that doesn't sound so good.

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I swear I just died when I had read that post. So much potencial and then just...

[​IMG]

9. agentblank

agentblank Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I saw this thread, was really excited, and then, I saw that post and my excitement was gone.

10. Reddaye

Reddaye Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Game looks pretty, but the gameplay itself sounds uninspired, and I'm far from sold on the control scheme.

11. raymond_cgc

raymond_cgc Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Sound like a poor mans dead trigger (if that even possible!).

12. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
  13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The Developer is currently working on a new Trailer so I guess it could be save to say that we will hear more about the Game pretty soon...

14. sicksilvo

Jul 4, 2012
    New article about the game over at Penny Arcade named "How a classic Counter-Strike map led to the innovative controls of the iOS title The Drowning"
    It's a good read if you are interested in this game

From Unity3d:
    "The game seems to be a collaboration between ,Unity, DeNA and the new Ngmoco studio Scattered Entertainment"
    There will be some stunning visuals that's for sure,i hope they get atmosphere right.

About Scattered Entertainment/devs:
    "Staffed by some of the world's greatest game developers, crafting the world's finest mobile games for core gamers.
    We make core games for core gamers on iOS and Android. You probably have a smartphone or a tablet, but maybe the games on those devices are too cute and casual for your taste? We solve that problem.

Our games have the mature tone and depth of core games, but with suitable controls and game design for iOS or Android. It goes without saying that all our games will of course be free to play.

The team at Scattered have worked on mega-hits like Battlefield 2&3, Crysis 1&2, Far Cry 1&2, Mirror's Edge, Halo, Just Cause 2, Battlefield Heroes and even Hollywood movies."

Official site of the game:http://thedrowning.com/
    Wiki page dedicated to the game:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drowning_%28video_game%29

15. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#35 killercow, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    There are new bits of information in the newest edition of game informer as well. They talk about multiplayer and it will be a lot like IB II. You'll enlist the help of other players against bosses, doing a cumulative amount of damage to it in an asynchronous manner.

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

So it`s another Infinity Blade Clone? Sometimes I just wanna puke when I see how much stagnation we currently have if it comes to new Games that use the Unreal Engine.

17. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    but they will use Unity engine,not unreal:rolleyes:

18. Scope_Reflex

Scope_Reflex Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Really wondering on this one. But we must keep note that good graphics don't account for crappy gameplay. With this I feel it has a "linear" style of gameplay. Although if its major freemium ill instapass.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I prefer unity actually.

20. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    "Tap to shoot, tap to walk"

I'm not sure what to say about this control scheme...

And free2play? Errr.....