"Swift Revenge" Trailer Launch + Game Reveal (by indy dev, Spaceship Apps)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JohnnyCoghlan, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Demonocrat

Demonocrat Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    And another bunch of people in =)

2. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Where should I put feedback?

3. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    You can do it via tesflight or just by directly PMing me on the forums :)

4. Demonocrat

Jul 4, 2013
    New build with game center support available!

It's in the sandbox mode right now, so you will see stats of only befriended users.
    So i'd recommend to exchange your game center profiles to see how it works :)

5. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    #25 Underwater, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    Impressions

I received a promo code from the developer, so I had the chance to play this game before the release. I played the first two worlds and this are my impressions:

Swift Revenge is basically a tilt-based game combined with tap where you control a bird. The bird comes from upper screen and you fly vertically. The main goal is to defeat Dr. Crow, the baddie. To reach him, you have to fly trough objects, kill enemies, and dodge missiles and things like that. At the end of every level, there is a boss fight with Dr. Crow.

The game starts with fun dialogues. The conversations are funny and worth reading. The tutorial is clear and the music and the graphics are alright.

Tilt will put off some people, but I'm my opinion, if you don't mind tilt, you will have absolutely no problem with this game. You control the bird by tilting, and you shoot enemies and fly trough object by tapping. I had no problem with the controls.

You have checkpoints, so if you die, you will automatically go back to the checkpoint so you don't have to start over. Sometimes you have to dash trough objects, and I found it quite hard to dodge the obstacles, because your speed will increase if you dash. Sometimes you have the use a gun or a other weapon so you don't have to dash, and then the speed is just fine for me. You can collect coins to upgrade lots of weapons. At the end of the level you will get a score, which can be listed in Game Center. I had no bugs so far, it's pretty polished. There's also IAP, but so far it's optional.

So far, I like this game. It's too bad it's not universal, but luckily that will be added in the future. If you don't mind tilt controls, I'd say it's definitely worth getting.