iPhone AfterLife: Ground Zero [by Trendy entertainment] (UE3 Graphical Tech Demo)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm hoping Trendy can show us a trailer - filled with combat. That's what I'm hoping to see in the evolution of this development journey.

So far, it's looking like the best looking game to hit iOS.

2. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Trendy, any new developments on this brilliant looking game? It's been a while...

I hope it's still in development

3. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Those screencaps are AMAZING. I cannot wait. Please hurry!

4. Gnome

Gnome Well-Known Member

Jaw-dropping really, and that's despite the cliched setting and boring browns. Never quite imagined the iPad 2 could move pixels so very fast...

5. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    It seems like the tentacles and alien bits are all static, therefore they don't require that much to render. Now if they moved, I could see the iPad 2 running into some slight problems.

The folks over at trendy are damn good at what they do, so its highly possible they can animate everything while having the game run at 60FPS :D

DD:FW is the best RPG game I've played on my iPad so far...so that says a lot. As I have played a ton of RPGs on my iPad.

6. jare0674

jare0674 Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Any updates on this?

7. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Vaporware or ipad3&iphone5 game . I hope it will run , if it gets released , on my ipad2 .

8. hsyste

hsyste Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Wow..

This is sick as F@$^ !!

9. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Hmm I guess I was right about a 2013 release wasn't I? Or the game got scrapped.

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Or it's coming out in any of the remaining 10 months of 2012 ;).

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Sorry to bump the thread, but I'm just wondering if this really did get scrapped or not. Haven't heard anything about it in 6 months so I assume yes...

12. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Whoa, I completely forgot about this game. Thanks for the bump. :) Hopefully the devs will post up some progress (if it's even still in development).

13. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Any news on this game?

14. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Hi clever bug, I don't know if you saw them but I got few unlisted videos of Afterlife: Ground Zero, and some other things - keep in mind this is all very old stuff

Although videos have similar titles,they contain different footage.This is running on some other platform - not iOS device

Video 1:Level Design/Environment Prototype UE3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpN6q7Y01Q&feature=player_embedded

Video 2:Level Design/Environment Prototype UE3 - DX11
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaDsW1u2-8Q&feature=player_embedded

They were posted by Morgan Roberts (lead level designer,he formed Trendy Entertainment with Jeremy Stieglitz in February 2010)

This is only my personal point of view - NOT A FACT
    Now you see that second video has DirectX 11 in title.
    That is because game was intended to be on XBLA, PSN & PC platforms, only after that accidental video leak of a mobile prototype build they took mobile version under consideration.
    Quote - "However, we never intended to make this a mobile game, but the following press has us considering." That was posted 09-12-2011 on Epic Games forum, in original thread that was created 12-29-2010 by Morgan R. for job offerings for their "next killer game"

Some people here found it hard to believe that it looks and runs so good on iPad 2, this might be the reason why: "we're working with a highly custom, uber-powerful in-house version of UE3 that enables us to achieve a level of graphic fidelity heretofore unseen in a digital download product."

We didn't hear from TE in a long time but here is why I believe that this game is in heavy development: Trendy Entertainment, maker of the cross-platform Dungeon Defenders game, raises $18.2 million ,maybe even close to official announcement and release - 8-15-10 "I have been tasked with starting our next title. Although I cannot divulge any information directly related to the next game’s title, all I say is the art style is a complete 180 degree change in direction that Dungeon Defenders used. " That was 2+ years ago

I really hope they share some new info and that this game comes out for iOS/Android :)