Universal PewPew 2 (by Jean-Francois Geyelin)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jak56, May 6, 2010.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah, I was trying it that way but seriously didn't have the skill/patience. The other method was much easier. I'll keep on keeping on. :)

2. Nibelung Valesti

Nibelung Valesti Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    That's probably true, but the game is so intense! But I'm so close to increasing my medal grade on Megagore, Assault, Dodge This, Chromatic Conflict and Amalgan...it's a bit frustrating but I'll get it eventually.

3. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I have the same problem on the iPad. Every time I enter my name after a game it crashes. Glad to know the developer is aware of it. I can deal with it for now... just a bit disappointing I cant post my score :).

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Now under two bucks!

5. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    Yeah, I temporarily bumped the price to 2.99 just to see what happens. I quickly rolled back though. To the people that bought it at 2.99, dont worry, it will still be worth your money ;-)

I am still working on the update, but because I am working my ass off in an internship, I haven't got much time :(

Still, here's a quick video showing the new game mode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXykxwz9zQI&feature=player_embedded
    And you can learn a bit more about the context on my blog:http://pewpewgame.blogspot.com/2010/06/pewpew-step-10.html

6. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    PewPew 2 update's has been accepted minutes ago. I am pretty you sure you guys are going to like the new stuff :cool:

• There's an improved Chapter One: among the things I did was adding visual feedback showing destructible objects were reacting to the players' bullets, so the players would know those objects were destructible . More importantly, I've corrected the bug where the game denied the completion of a level when a player died just after completing the level's objectives, but before the transition back to the menu.
    • There's the long awaited Chapter Two ! It took a really long time to create because it's containing a lot of new enemies, and the levels are more complex than in the first chapter.
    • I now display the best times for the campaign levels.
    • I've added a new infinity mode that you unlock by completing the chapter Two. This mode is very different from the existing ones since you actually control 2 ships. It took a while to adjust the difficulty progression because I am actually not a very good player at this game mode =). It's tough to adjust the gameplay for players that are going to be much better than you.
    • I've slightly improved user interface. I've made the buttons prettier because I've always felt the old buttons (just a rectangle) were boring. Also I've removed the explosions in the backgrounds since they just weren't justified, and in my opinion reduced the purity of the menus.

Here's what the new campaign UI looks like:

[​IMG]

And here's what the new infinity game mode looks like:

[​IMG]

7. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    nice man....this game is still one of the top dual stick shooters on the device!!!!

WHERES THE RETINA!!!!!!

ROFL j/k ....

8. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    ah! I forgot to mention it but there's now support for the retina display ;-)

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Since the original PewPew already has RD, it is hard to imagine it were omitted in the great sequel...

10. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I've had this game for a while now, and love it. IMHO, one of the best dual-stick shooters in the store.

By any chance is there an integration with Game Center planned for the future?

11. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

eh. the update is late, but better late than never i guess.
    wheres the diamond infinity mode you promised?

and another geometry wars style mode with the new enemies would be cool too...

12. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    Game Center is not yet planned, as I still haven't upgraded to iOS 4.x to make sure the game works on iOS 3.x.

Jak56> Some people complained the infinity game modes weren't different enough from each others, that's why I haven't included the diamond mode right away since it plays a lot like amalgam.
    I'll probably include it (with the new enemies) when I release the next campaign.

BTW, I wanted to know if you guys find the new campaign too difficult/too easy.
    Also, what are the levels you like/don't like ?

13. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    better late than never update!

AWESOME UPDATE NONE THE LESS.
    :D

i have to say the Matador has got to be my FAVORITE enemy/boss/level.
    Its got strategy and everything!
    Would want to see more of the Matador. :D:D:cool:

like others have said.
    GameCenter in the future please :D

and something minor...
    Im using an iTouch so whenever i open up the game its inverted. (for iphone)
    its always a pain to rotate it (i keep my rotation toggle locked)

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#234 jak56, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
    Sweet! that'll be just the thing i'm looking for!
    the new campaigns difficulty is just fine imo, though i do find it a bit on the easy side: only cus im used to the game though!

the only difficult level was the teamwork level, but that's cus im not used to the mechanic yet. my highscore is just a measly 20000 and a bit.

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

the game keeps crashing when i try to go online with symbiosis' leaderboard. after that, whenever i try to play the mode, it crashes. i play another mode, then im able to play symbiosis again, but the leaderboards still crash.

on a brighter note, I got gold on symbiosis! one gold to go til the fifth ship!

16. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    This should not be happening. The game should auto-rotate based on the iDevice's orientation.

Try updating the web scores from an other game mode. Symbiosis' leaderboard should then work fine. BTW, congratulation on being first by a wide margin :)

17. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I want to get it, but want to save money too for Aralon. Is there a trailer available or an app review from a different website

18. Nejibana

Nejibana Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    anyone know what the final ship looks like?

or anyone willing to show what the rest of the ships look like?

19. Jyaif

Jyaif Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Male
    Independent game dev
    Paris, France
    #239 Jyaif, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
    There's touchArcade review: http://toucharcade.com/2010/05/12/pewpew-2-review-pew-pew-pew/

You can actually see the final ship in some replays (such as in David Leroy's 137960 points game in megagore).

20. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

the last paragraph is pretty much all you NEED to read ;)