Is there any way, whatsoever, to view the newest releases on ios 6.+?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I enjoy browsing through the new releases, nd scored some pretty expensive apps for free...Midi Studio Pro, for example. I'de love to be able to see the newest iPad releases, but there doesn't seem to be a way. Others have commented on this in the past, so I assume there's no workaround.

But Apple's servers do keep a list of the most recent releases/updated apps, the proof is my iphone 4S runing 5.1+. Anyone figure any secrets out? The new releases list is always fresher than either the iTunes program or any apptracker out there. Sometimes I'll find an app in the new release section that doesn't even show up in an iTunes (on my PC) search because it's too new.

2. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    I use AppShopper's built in filters to see these types of new release lists. Sadly, I think the App Store in iOS 6 removed these lists :-/

3. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    My guess is that it's possible if you're jailbroken but you may have to code it yourself.

Since there's an iTunes API, you can presumably create a list of your own outside of iTunes (i.e. a standalone application or script) but that would require coding as well.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Or just use AppShopper, as mentioned above. It's free, and it works pretty darn well.

5. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

There is, but only for games. Just go to any games category, and the "Paid" and "Free" lists are the new releases.

6. Greyskull,

Best I think is to use appzap pro app. There is a new section with new apps there, there are quite a lot of apps that come out everyday. Lots of junk though, but it would be great if someone kept an eye out and could post some gems if they were good. I used to download a lot of this stuff, but nowadays, not so much time with so many good games and all to play. Give appzap pro a try.