A challenge for the HARDCORE puzzle addicts

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by exosyphen, Feb 14, 2010.

1. exosyphen

exosyphen Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

A couple of days back, I did some random programming, in order to learn Javascript more in depth. Not wanting to go into some large project with it, but also wanting have some "product" at the end of my exercise, I made a small web app game which you can play in your iPhone/iPod browser.

It was nothing special, until I found myself during development, addicted to this little puzzle. All you have to do, is build groups of 4 identical pieces. There are 4 types of pieces that you receive in groups of 3. There is no randomness. I wanted this to be the kind of game which has nothing random, and every player has equal chances.

First, I thought that the game is a bit difficult. I couldn't get past 150 points.
    Until my g/friend scored over 800 and I managed to score over 900!
    This is where it got interesting. Some dudes score almost 2000 points!

So, I am curios how far can one go with this game.
    Again, this is for HARDCORE gamers and it's EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to get over 200 points.

Open this in your browser:

http://www.exowebapps.com/game-ibrickgame/

2. exosyphen

P.S: Forgot to mention this. It's absolutely free, and I will appreciate any feedback :)

3. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i tried it and i dont get it AT ALL!:confused:

4. exosyphen

Look in the top right corner. You can see the current piece you have to place on the grip. Tap a square on the grid to place the piece there. (You can only build from the bottom up, or over an existing piece).

Build groups of 4 identical pieces in a 2x2 square. Those will vanish and give you 4 points. The game ends when your board is full and you don't have anywhere else to place your pieces.

5. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    alright. just got it now. my high score is 288!:D

6. bone.rate

bone.rate Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I also got 288. This game rocks. Any chance to be on iPhone?

7. bone.rate

bone.rate Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I just came across SWAPit which is very similar to iBrickGame and it's free too (for today only, I think). :D

8. exosyphen

@bone.rate

It is playable on the iPhone (open the link in Safari and it displays perfectly).

It was a programming exercise for me, which turned into something pretty cool to play.
    I will see to make it a native app for the iPhone, and keep it free since there won't be much work involved anyway.

9. exosyphen

288 it's pretty good!
    Took me a while to get there.

Now I am obsessed on how did 2 guys make something around 1900.
    (You can see the hiscore list).

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I don't get how to play.

11. exosyphen

Look in the top right corner. You can see the current piece you have to place on the grip. Tap a square on the grid to place the piece there. (You can only build from the bottom up, or over an existing piece).

Build groups of 4 identical pieces in a 2x2 square. Those will vanish and give you 4 points. The game ends when your board is full and you don't have anywhere else to place your pieces.