Chaos Ring Help Desk

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iVaro, Apr 20, 2010.

1. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I may not have the game yet, but I do not want the main thread to be spammed with "How do I X" questions that we know will be coming over the next few weeks. So if you have become lost in this beautiful game someone here should be able to help you.

2. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Thumbs up to this thread

3. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Fruho!!!! You can only play Dungeon Hunter now that you work for Gameloft. No Square Enix for you.

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    A fate worse than death! (Just kidding, Fruho. Sort of.)

5. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Ohohohohohooooo

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    How long does the game last?

7. emann56

emann56 New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Ok IM AT A LOST! Im where you start looking for the 2nd ring, doing the first puzzle and I cant do it. Anyone know how to do it? I feel dumb bc i think it might be the easiest answer just that im thinking to hard.

8. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I feel dumb but does anyone know how to pass the 1st puzzle. (I am a kid) thx!

9. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I think if you want help with the puzzles it is easier to provide a screenshot as well :)

10. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Agreed, please post a screenshot if you want help with puzzles.

11. Mattchu26

Mattchu26 New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I returned to the first dungeon to train for the arena fight, but no random mob events.

12. emann56

emann56 New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    #12 emann56, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
    NVM I got it.

13. ochropyra

ochropyra Member

Mar 1, 2010
    #13 ochropyra, Apr 21, 2010
    Hello everyone!

I need help.
    How the hell am i supposed to defeat Airavata?
    I mean he can (and does) crit for 1.4k and I'm plain dead. While I'm nit even dealing 300 Damage.

Im kind of disappointed at the moment that its mostly just grind and like a TINY bit of story.

14. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    For Aira you need to play with elements. Be sure to have genes for each element and pray that he doesnt changes his too much (happened to me the 1st time). I defeated him at lvl 15 or so I think. Remember, just change your element with a skill, then normal attack to preserve mp, have Musiea keep the hp high on both chars (above 1k) and Escher attack, and only when both are full, do a pair attack (stronger if you have the adv.) or 2 solo attacks.

Also, if you think you're grinding too much (fighting too much to get lvls), you should tune up the lvl of the dungeon at the beggining of it, I only grinded a bit to defeat the next boss after that, but that wasnt a chore/a long time.

15. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    OK..i'm at the part where you just fought the first couple. I wandered around, went thru a puzzle, and got to some place that told me the other couple had their ring and i should get mine. THe couple i fought is now gone. There's this lava falls that says fire is errupting from a fissure in the ground. CAnt go thru it or anything tho. I wandered and wandered and i cant find any place to go.

16. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    #16 Eduku, Apr 21, 2010
    You may have accidently turned random encounters off. Press the button on the top right (which leads to camp, save, etc.) and there should be a button called ENC. Try pressing that and see if the random fights start popping up.

You probably won't be able to defeat it through brute strength. By now you should have at least a basic damaging spell for all element types (e.g. Cremate, etc.) and a spell that changes your opponent's element.

Before the fight, make sure your fighter character (e.g. Escher) has one basic damaging spell (e.g. Cremate, which is a fire spell) and the mage character (e.g. Musiea) has a spell which changes the opponent to an element that's weak against it (e.g. Gale, which is weak against fire).

As soon as the fight starts, have your mage character change Airavata's element, then have the fighter character cast the damaging spell. This should change your fighter character's element to one that's effective against the opponent's. After this, you can either reserve your mage character for healing purposes while the fighter character pounds on the boss with physical attacks (the element change affects physical attacks too) or you can have the mage also change to the same element as your fighter, which is my preferred choice. Then you can do a paired normal attack which does much more damage than normal due to the element change (paired attacks do much more damage than two normal attacks combined when your element is strong against theirs). Not only does the element change strengthen your own attacks against the boss, but they also weaken the bosses attacks against you (by half, I think). But keep in mind that the boss may use a spell which will change it's own element, just cast your own element change to fix that. If you need even further defences, then cast a paired Mental Wall spell to reflect any magic the boss casts on you.

So basically the key is: Think Pokemon.

17. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    Nvm...i got it now. :)

18. mrcc

mrcc Well-Known Member

First level 1 - 10. so basically is the idea of the game. just fight the battels till i get to level 10 and go to the second level?

19. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yes, or say if you are level 8 or 9 you can go to the second level after you beat the 1st and start fighting from there. It will be bit tougher but you can get some genes too :)

20. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Where is the puzzle to unlock the second fire fissure? Cause im totally lost.