Car Jack Streets - teaser video

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    #1 Paul@Tag, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
    Hi just to let you know we uploaded a teaser video of Car Jack Streets to our YouTube account. Gives a bit of background story to why the hell you need to bribe cops, gun down mobsters, deliever pizzas, rob banks and accidentally run down clowns in your SUV!

Enjoy...

Car Jack Streets on YouTube

2. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    awesome thanks for this. any chance of some gameplay footage? :D

3. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yeah, teaser video's are ok and all (the cut-scenes remind me a little of the ones from the upcoming GTA Chinatown Wars for the Nintendo DS), but actual in-game footage is what the people want to see............... pretty please? :)

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    yes, gameplay footage please.

5. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    It looks like there is a screenshot of the game in that trailer. If it is, the graphics look nice and cartoony sorta.

6. gootch12

gootch12 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    New Orleans, USA
    Nice. Really looking forward to CJS.

Everything is coming along nicely I trust?

As others have said, a look at the gameplay would be sweet.

Any chance of a lil peek?

7. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Good things come to those who wait... ;-)

The game does follow that kind of art style although not cellshaded as seen in Chinatown Wars although funnily enough we did consider that a couple of years ago before starting the mobile version.

Oh yeah and before your DS owning friend start going on about how great Chinatown Wars is you can remind them that Car Jack is going to cost a TENTH of the price!!!!

More later...

8. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    So it will be around $3.99?

9. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    If you get it early enough it might even cost you less!!!

More info closer the time tho ;-)

10. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    So there is an in game screen shot in that teaser? Cool, I can post the pic of it if anyone wants to see. As soon as Photobucket is back up.

11. TheOnePb

TheOnePb Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Still on school
    Holland
    Patience

We will be patient:eek:
    We will be patient:rolleyes:
    We will be patient:)
    We will be patient:p
    We will be patient:cool:

We just can't wait:eek:!

12. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I wasn't too excited about this game as I had purchased Payback the day it came out and have barely played it since. However, the teaser video has me very interested. Are there going to be cut scenes throughout the game? One thing that I really did not like about Payback (or at least the little I played of it) was there was very little character to the protagonist. One of the reasons I love the GTA series is because they try to make their protagonist and other characters as complete as possible and I think having cut scenes in a game like this (especially one that has an over the top view) really helps this.

Also will there be subtitles throughout the game? I am in the minority here, but I usually do not play games on my iPhone with the sound on, so subtitles would be great.

I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this game, especially if it is as competitively priced as you are hinting at.

13. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    So there might be an introductory price :D

14. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Just in case you missed this mornings news we released some details on the Car Jack Streets soundtrack. Of course if you dont like the great music (and humourous radio jingles) we've selected you can always play your own!

Tag Games supports unsigned music talent in Car Jack Streets!

iPhone version of best-selling mobile series to feature over 80 minutes of tracks from the hottest new music acts

Tag Games has today revealed details about the exclusive soundtrack to its biggest and most ambitious title to date, the highly anticipated iPhone iteration of flagship series, Car Jack Streets. Previous versions of the vehicle based crime game have garnered a massive following from mobile fans worldwide and scooped consistent rave reviews across the print and online gaming press.

The forthcoming iPhone version looks set to raise the bar considerably. Boasting stylish comic book 2.5D graphics, an accurate day/night cycle, real-time missions, over 80 minutes of new music and radio chatter, online ranking boards and much more!.

However all this would be rather wasted without a killer soundtrack pumping in the background. Well there is no need to fear for Car Jack Streets boasts 24 unique tracks from 16 of the music worlds best kept secrets! Supporting this new talent, the game allows players to sample, purchase and rate their favourite tracks direct via iTunes.

Among the artists featured in the game via in car radio are west coast hip hop wordsmith Atom tha Immortal, Laurelyn Carter the 16 year old country music star who’s been tipped as country music’s ‘next big thing’, dance music mentalist Red Shirt Theory plus The Amateurs, Kyoshi and The Officers all of whom have all been tipped for greatness by the music press.

Mark Slater, of the massively popular UK indie outfit and current Myspace heroes, The Snowbyrds said: “We’re delighted that Tag games have chosen to feature our song 'Riot” in Car Jack Streets. The iPhone version looks fantastic and our song will fit brilliantly with the games chaotic atmosphere. This is a fantastic chance to have our song heard by hundreds of thousands of people!”

Paul Farley, managing director of Tag Games said: “When contemplating the soundtrack for Car Jack Streets, we thought about adding links to iTunes so players could download the tracks for their personal music library but then thought it would be the perfect opportunity for some outstanding unsigned talent to get noticed. The best new games console, the best game-play and the best emerging musical talent. It’s the perfect combination!”

The artist list in full:

Atom tha Immortal - Hip Hop
    Butch Baker - Country
    Digital Juggernaut - Dance
    Druu - Rock
    Eclipse - Dance
    Esteban - Pop
    Kyoshi - Pop
    Laurelyn Carter - Country
    M4rt3z - Dance
    MD1-Project - Dance
    Not My Day - Rock
    Red Shirt Theory - Dance
    Smudge - Rock
    Soma High - Pop
    The Amateurs - Pop
    The Officers - Dance
    The Snowbyrds - Rock

15. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Great idea!

What a great idea. The inclusion of music by unsigned acts sounds like a win win situation for both the musicians and for Tag Games.

In return for a great soundtrack the musicians receive some broad exposure to people who may never have otherwise heard their music.

16. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I had no idea there were other versions of Car Jack Street, I will have to look up the reviews.

I also think it's a fantastic idea they are using unsigned artists! Bravo!

17. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I can't wait for this game to come out - it looks awesome!

18. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Will there be a lot of different people in the sidewalks and such? I downloaded the lite Payback and only a couple people were on the sidewalk.

19. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

Dang! This game looks good. Can't wait.:D

20. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Anything on an official date? I would be one happy camper if t came out next week!