Final Fantasy VI

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lazuli, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Lazuli

Lazuli Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    #1 Lazuli, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010
  2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    If the games in Rumor Mine really do come out, the world will be a much happier place

3. Lazuli

Lazuli Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
  4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i really hope they do this. VI is my favorite of the series.

5. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Last I checked Pocket Gamer's Tracy Erickson was incessantly bitching on Twitter about being blackballed from Square for violating embargoes so it's more than a little hard to believe they're suddenly getting insider information.

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ya, I remember that too. Tracy was mad coz they didnt get the chaos rings preview :p

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I saw it, and it seems to me that there's a reasonable chance that it's true. But I've posted way too many of these rumor miner "news," and I'm taking a break till one of them (besides Rage) is confirmed.

8. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    #8 Eduku, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
    Ugh, people need to put like a [Rumor Mine] tag on these threads or something, so at least you don't come into the thread thinking that the game has been confirmed and then get disappointed when you find out it's from the Rumor Mine.

9. donner

donner Well-Known Member

#9 donner, Aug 27, 2010
    Makes no difference to me. I've herd all of the SNES classics run beautifully with snes4iphone if you're jailbroken.

10. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Not a very good rumor. SE has always announced their upcoming titles openly to everyone. Their facebook page is always up to date.

-Wish it was true

11. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    My all time favorite piece of the FF world! Let's hope this is true, since I don't feel like shelling out $30 for the GBA version.

12. Radogol

Radogol Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #12 Radogol, Aug 27, 2010
    I really wish it was true since I've recently completed FFI on the iPhone and am knee deep into FFII, but Rumor Mine is, as far as I know, always bullshit.

I can't remember ONE truthful rumor from over there, it's all guesses. In most cases, you could argue that the games mentioned on the Rumor Mine just weren't announced yet but that doesn't explain why Gangstar: Las Vegas turned into Miami for example.

13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Except for Bahamut Lagoon, Tales of Phantasia, and Super Mario RPG, to name just a few... the SNES emulator is far from perfect.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    FF6 does (on my iPad anyway).

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Some of the things they've posted we've had developers tell us about in confidence. Still, seems kind of weird to post things that are supposed to be secret under the guise of a "rumor," but whatev'.

16. donner

donner Well-Known Member

"many" of the games work well. The ones that do are pretty flawless. It's hard to imagine a port being much better, the FF1&2 ports weren't all that great imo.

17. RoadRunner123

RoadRunner123 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    omg I really hope ff6 comes out x.x This is one of the best ones and Id pay quite a bit for it :S

18. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

Why would they even skip so many titles? Only I and II are at the store, right?

19. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Well if you look at the history of Final Fantasy releases in the US, the order is just messed up.There are games that Squaresoft didn't release to the US. FF III, IV, and V (I think maybe VI too) were skipped. But it's all okay now.

So I don't know what's going on in Square Enix's mind right now. Maybe IV's 3D graphics are too much for the iphone/ipod.

Woops, I've been rambling again >_>

20. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Uh, all of those were brought to the West.