iTunes gift card question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fizz7283, Dec 25, 2009.

1. fizz7283

fizz7283 Member

Dec 15, 2009
    california
    This might sound like a stupid question to most of you, but I would really appreciate an answer.

If I redeem a gift card on my phone, does it credit the money on my account so I can download stuff on my phone AND computer? Or does it only allow me to download straight from the phone?

And likewise, if I redeem if from iTunes on my computer, can I download straight from the phone when I'm out and about or will it only let me download from the computer and I would have to wait to get home?

Thanks in advance.

2. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

3. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    There's no such thing as a stupid question..... But in your case... That was a stupid question... Lol, jk. Yes your credit goes on both

4. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    It's on both. On the iPhone app store feature page, scroll down and it tells you how much credit you have. Likewise, with the computer app store, top right corner under your user name tells you your credit.

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I believe that the credit goes to your account, which means that you are able to use it from both your phone and your PC.

6. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    It doesn't matter what it's on. As long as it's your itunes account, it can be used on anything. Whether it be Phone, PC, Laptop etc.

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Even on your toaster? :eek:

8. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Yep, even on your toaster.

Whatever the code is, is the amount of bread you have to put in there.

9. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    If you rigged your toaster with a CPU, some ram, an input output peripheral, and an os capable of running iTunes with a connection to the Internet... Then absolutely yes!

The balance us stored with apple, which apple us also the one providing the media/apps so they handle both ends of the transaction. We simply use the pc/phone/toaster to communicate with apple on what transactions we would like to happen.

But in all honesty, if apple wanted to, they could change your balance to $0 or to $1,000,000. it's all in there hands. But we trust them, and they have both consumers and a government to makesure they don't mess with us like that :p