Graphic designer looking for work

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Alex_TNT, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Alex_TNT

Alex_TNT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    #1 Alex_TNT, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    Hello i'm looking for a job offer for indie or developer game.
    I'm a 3d artist, web designer and i'm good with photoshop.
    mostly looking for job to make 2d artwork.

here's my site ( http://www.tntwebpage.com ), but i have on display just 3d work

contact by sending mail both to [email protected] and [email protected]
    Or skype at alex_tnt89 / Alex Barbulescu

2. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    Your link didn't work.
    Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.tntwebpage.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

3. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
  4. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
  5. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
    Here's a sample of a wip i'm currently working on
    [​IMG]
    still available for jobs , contact me by sending mail both to [email protected] and [email protected]
    Or skype at alex_tnt89 / Alex Barbulescu

6. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Hmm... clicked the link but there's just some text saying to install Flash player. Please don't tell me you've created your entire website completely in Flash? :)

7. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
    yes it's in flash

8. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    ok, so far yer not really coming off as good... nothing you linked works and you have a flash site on an iphone platform..

and you do realize iphone doesnt support flash unless someone jailbreaks it and installs frash right?

kind of silly

9. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
    What does have to do with one another?
    That site that i have it's a site , not anything must be done to work for the iphone , that's my portfolio site.I don't understand what's silly , that i have a portfolio site and it's made in flash and i do graphic for iphone games?I can do graphic for android games too or other games and applications.
    The site is down and fluctuating because the server i current have has problems , i'm trying to move my site to new host but it's not that easy.

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    #10 don_k, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    Sorry, but I tend to agree with starcat. It's perfectly fine to create your portfolio site in flash, but as soon as you're trying to market yourself to the iPhone world, it's silly to create your whole site in flash.

It shows you don't consider things well enough or are too lazy to craft your portfolio to suit the potential client. I guess you use the same portfolio regardless of what sort of job and company you're applying to as well?

No one cares if you're marketing yourself towards Android or Symbian devs, but then you shouldn't be posting here.

11. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
    I still don't understand what has one to do with another.Those who want to check my portfolio can do it with a pc (personal computer) not with a tablet or an os that doesn't have flash.
    Most of the people don't care if the site is done with flash or html. They just want to check the work I do.And this v2 of the site is 2 weeks old.
    I've made it in flash only so that the loading time should be fast, easy to edit and manage.
    It's not my fault apple restricted flash from they devices.And i shoudn't be restricted to do just html site version just for people that own ipads or iphones that have restriction since my clients come from all kinds of devices and platforms.This is my point of view , and were already offtopic

12. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany

well if it was my portfolio i would not ever come to the idea making it in flash..

for whom do you have an online portfolio.. for some stange visitors? or for potential customers? ...

so that means what you want to show your work only to thoose who are on a desktop computer with a flash plugin installed.. from a business perspective thats just plain stupid..

alot of people browse with their mobile devices on daily base.. if i'm a developer on the run and visit your website on anything else than a desktop pc i don't get nothing..

and all your excuses for having a flash "brick" are just that... excuses..
    since when does a flash brick loads faster than a simple plain html page?!

at the end you are here on an iphone related website.. chances are high that potential customers use ios devices to visit your website..

if you want to ingore that with some lousy excuses.. well thats the way you choose todo your business..

13. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
    Ok, looking into porting the current flash to html , but with my current free time , don't know how soon i'll be finishing it.

14. EssentialParadox

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    I hope you're not taking the comments about having a website in Flash as harsh, I think we're just pointing it out. Since I got my iPad, it's been my primary web browsing device, with my big iMac only for development. And when using my iPad, it's rare i'll come across a Flash site anymore. And someone will be very lucky if they can get me to go to the trouble to check out their online portfolio, but I'm just telling you: if it's all in Flash, I'm not gonna go over and login to my Mac, I'm just gonna close the website and continue whatever I was doing, and that's going to be true of others too.

So we're not criticizing you and begging to take the Flash away from your site so we can see it, I think we're mostly just trying to let you know you're potentially missing a great load of custom. I'm actually looking for a graphic designer but I haven't seen any of your work. :)

Also, you don't need to put up a whole HTML version of the website. Just have one gallery page and one contact page for now, because that will suffice to most business visitors.

15. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
    Added an html gallery for my web, those who have flash can view the flash gallery , those who don't support or don't have flash installed can view the html gallery.

flash
    [​IMG]
    html
    [​IMG]

16. EssentialParadox

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    Scrolling through your gallery now —on my iPad— and it's actually very good work here, Alex. Excellent job on putting up a HTML version so quickly.

17. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
  18. crazygambit

crazygambit Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I sense a little disconnect here. You're mainly a 3D artist, all your portfolio is 3D, but you're looking for 2D work? Do you have any experience with 2D artwork? If so, what kind of style? The cutesy stuff or something more stylish. I don't know, tell us a little bit more about the type of work you're looking for.

19. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
    I'm doing 2d/3d work i'm both of 2d artist and 3d artist , the answer to your second question i do vector and pixel sprites.

20. Alex_TNT

Nov 15, 2010
    Here's my latest work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]