[Com2uS] The most immersive, extreme snowboarding game. SummitX Snowboarding!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by com2us, Dec 15, 2011.

1. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    #1 com2us, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    The most immersive, extreme snowboarding game!

SummitX Snowboarding is now live on the App Store! In SummitX Snowboarding, feel like you are truly carving down the mountain. Experience the highest quality HD graphics and rawest “true-to-sport” physics of any snowboarding mobile game in the world. Feel the speed! Catch big air!

Download Now

Special Event
    -Facebook
    You got any snowboarding gears? Here’s your chance to show them off on our wall and win a iTunes gift card! Post any of your own pictures related to snowboarding on Com2uS facebook wall.
    Com2uS facebook
    [​IMG]

-Global Forum & Toucharcade
    The hidden catch contest! Check both scenes and find non-matching parts.
    Global Forum
    Toucharcade
    [​IMG]

Game Poster

[​IMG]

SummitX Snowboarding! Fear nothing. Tame the peak.
    Play the most immersive, extreme snowboarding game to date on your phone!

Play Video

[​IMG]

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This looks good, but with no video, am concerned with the controls/handling of the player, etc. Waiting to see what others who've actually played it have to say!

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

For $5 I will wait for a video or impressions.

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Look, I buy pretty much every new snowboarding game that looks half decent. I'd drop $5 on this in a heartbeat with no video or impressions in sight. It's the IAP that scares me and I'm loathe to support this dev in any way.

5. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    This game looks epic - finally a snowboarding game for up to date phones. looking forward to what people have to say but I know Im gonna love this

should we comment the differences in thread or send them by pm...im gonna do pm so others can guess the differences and not copy me :p

6. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    That video doesn't give much away.

Guess I'll just pick this up. :rolleyes: Will post impressions and the scoop on IAP in a bit.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #8 bigrand1, Dec 15, 2011
    Wow, that's certainly some BIG AIR! Maybe too much, though. Will wait for some opinions. Maybe Gabe will tell us if it's up to snuff. Personally, I like half-pipe types, but this does look nice!

8. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Get more information

SummitX Snowboarding! Fear nothing. Tame the peak.
    Play the most immersive, extreme snowboarding game to date on your phone!

Play Video

[​IMG]

9. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Come on. Say something that strays off the page of a marketing pamphlet just a little. I dare you. Anything at all. Prove you're an actual real human being. How's the weather in your part of the world?

In any case, the game. In a nutshell: it is "ok." Which is good because it means I'll get at least a bit of fun for my $5.49. And bad because my $5.49 doesn't even buy me the chance to really cut into it here.

First off: don't bother without a latest gen device. I tried it on an iTouch 4 first and experienced poor frame rate and frequent, persistent crashes. (If you ask me if I rebooted you get a virtual smack in the face.)

Better experience on the iPad 2. Frame rate improved but still far from the consistent 60 FPS that would have given the game the chance to shine. No crashes at all in a half hour's or so play.

The game sports an ambitious and interesting control mechanic that's difficult to describe but much simpler to grasp when tried for yourself. A line on each side of the screen represents the boarder's feet, and by sliding a digit along each you are approximating what would equate to shifting weight forward and back on each foot. For the most part this works and works well. Unfortunately it really needs that pesky 60 FPS in order to make the most of the subtleties this control type could potentially offer. But kudos to the devs for thinking out of the box and coming up with this. With a bit more work it could really be something worthwhile.

The IAP is of the "pay up or grind" variety. This isn't freemium and no restrictions are placed on your play time. You're able to unlock cash by successfully finishing events - slowly - or pay to get cash at once. Cash unlocks boards, tricks, and different board skins. The higher tier unlocks run into thousands. For a gold medal finish to an event you get $50. You do the math.

Overall, I can neither recommend this nor knock it too much. Those in it for the graphics, with latest devices and a high tolerance for less than ideal frame rates will get the most out of this.

10. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #11 Trev1, Dec 15, 2011
    HERE YOU GO Com2uS!...and have a great holiday!
    1.different color collars
    2.left shin is more stripes
    3.board spells summitx and sunmitx different
    4.mountain in middle top in different..
    5.the smaller boarder's right hand is different/missing

IM FIRST TO ANSWER!!?

cool contest guys!

11. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    The rules state to comment on the thread bro!

RULES ARE RULES....you should have posted them first!

*dammit sorry for the double post mods

12. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Meh, They have my results (got the same as you) so they can decide as I did comment, just didnt post my results. They will probably find someway not to send me anything as $10 gift card probably wont work in UK app store anyway. Looking forward to more impressions, like the sound of the controls, dislike the sound of framerate but I have 4s so should run fine for me.

13. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Contest

1. board 1 spells "summitx", board 2 (bottom) spells "sunmitx"
    2. inside colour of hoody is different
    3. red strip is missing on bottom left knee
    4. right hand of smaller boarder is missing in bottom pic
    5. mountain is missing one hill in bottom picture

EDIT: Btw, got an US-account, too

14. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Im sure they'll hook ya up you were first to post about sending a pm and from what I remember com2us are really cool and humble guys..good luck to us and happy holidays guys!

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Is a Lite Version planned since i really would like to give it a try and create an HD Gameplay Trailer about it :D

16. lydia

lydia Active Member

May 28, 2009
    Hi there Gabrien,
    This is Lydia from the US branch of Com2uS. I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you. Yes the game plays better on high end devices. We acknowledge this and we worked hard to get it on older devices and the iPod Touch, but it isn't flawless.

It's best to delete all other apps from memory on these devices. SummitX Snowboarding is not alone in this regard. Of course games like SummitX with HD graphics and larger memory requirements benefit from a higher framerate which newer devices can manage. You don't necessarily need 60 fps for a good experience, but we could probably benefit from a little more umpf. We are actually happy to know that you are putting this game into a console-quality category in your mind by setting the bar at 60 fps.

We have an update to come next week that will address some of the issues you mention. We also have more content planned, and as soon as I've got more information about that, I'll pass it on to you all.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out SummitX, Gabrien (and others!)

@Sanuku -- yes there is a lite version in the works and planned to be submitted next week. We wanted to get this version out and into players' hands before the holidays.

17. spree2k

spree2k Member

Aug 3, 2011
    How does this game not have more responses? Oh well. This looks like an excellent game, and I've been wanting a great snowboarding game ever since the Coolboarders series for PS1.

Here's my comment on this thread, and here's the 5 differences in the pictures:

1. Board 1: "SummitX", Board 2 spells "SunmitX"
    2. The color inside of the hoodie/jacket is different (I would say what color it is, but I am half color blind and it's hard for me to tell)
    3. There is a stripe missing on one of the boarder's knees.
    4. You can't see the left boarder's hand in one picture.
    5. You have to look upside down, but there is a hill missing in one of the mountains.

If you need to contact me for the contest, just let me know. :)

18. jowyf

jowyf Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Here's my answer on 'the Hidden Catch contest'

1. Above Picture got a mountain while bottom picture don't have

2. Above picture show the hand is holding the snowboard while bottom didn't

3. Above Picture the collar of the color is blue while bottom is green

4. Above Picture the snowboard is SUMMITX while below is SUNMITX

5. Above Picture there's a red lining on the pants while below didn't

:)

19. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Love your contests!
    Still playing Piggy adventure :)

Here are the 5 difference I found:

1. Bottom inside right snowboarder snow jacket is green should be blue like the top one.
    2. Bottom right snowboarder left leg is missing a red stripe (the 5th one if you count it form the top pics snowboarder shoe and up).
    3. Bottom right snowboarder's board says SunmitX instead of SummitX.
    4. Bottom left snowboarder not holding his board.
    5. Bottom pic's upside down mountain is missing the SECOND peak from the left.
    And a 6th one!
    6. Bottom pic's snowboarders hat and gear are slightly lighter orange, right snowboarder hat most noticeably, could be just a color distortion.

Good Luck to all!