Overkill 3 - Going 3rd-person & cover-based

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craneballs, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

#1 craneballs, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    UPDATE2: Worldwide release date confirmed. Overkill 3 will be available 26th February.

UPDATE: Help us test the latest, unpublished, version and come up with improvements.
    Details here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3463138&postcount=34

Overkill 3 is currently available in Canada, New Zealand, Czech Republic and Denmark.

AppInfo: App info processing...

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/overkill-3/id874866593?mt=8

Hey folks, the time feels about right to introduce Overkill 3. There's been some changes, so to speak...

We're moving on from gallery-shooting to 3rd person cover-based shooting. With interactive cut-scenes/runs between the covers. There will be boss fights, ragdoll-physics, even a bit of level destructions.

The idea is to bring console qualities to mobile gaming. You can check the teaser to see how we're doing so far:

Make sure to visit and subscribe at www.overkill3.com. There's more video footage of the game and we'll have regular updates as well as an early bonus for subscribers. (But surely no more e-mails than once or twice a week towards the launch date.) The website works best on desktops.

The launch is scheduled for October 2014. Overkill 3 will be free to play.

We'll keep you posted here on all major updates. And feel free to ask them questions! We'll do our best to answer them.

[​IMG]

2. Looks really nice. But Free to play... I want to pay for that...and no see ads.
    The 1st Overkill was incredible. I didn't try the 2nd. Maybe you can do a premium app this time ?

3. craneballs

Thanks GreedPhantom. We've had several very long discussions about going premium.

While we'd love to go that way as it makes many balancing and design issues easier, it's too risky. There is a lot at stake with this game for us.

That said, we don't show ads to those who buy any in-app purchase in Overkills.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy crap. Now this looks soooooo much in tune with my taste.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Craneballs's F2P system is a lot tamer and more balanced than most other games, so im expecting the same treatment to OKill3.

With the new cover-based system, and what i know Craneballs can do based on OKill 1 and 2, im sure to instabuy whatever permanent purchases are in the game.

Looking forward to playing this!

6. I'll see then. Maybe i'll remove those ads with in-app purchase. Good luck. You have the best original arcade shooters on iOS. Don't waste it ;)

7. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Wow,a cover shooter,it's what i need

8. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    This

Couldn't agree more. :cool::D

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Looking great!

I do hope this can be played offline. And what are the ios requirements? I'm also hoping it can be played on previous gen devices.

10. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    cover shooter kinda like frontline commando/ roboccop ... i'm i right or i'm i right? nice try ios gaming, but the post-godfire me won't be tricked anymore!!

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Sounds like frontline commando which isn't nececarilly bad for me. I do like those games it just depends how everything is implemented and done on the game that make all the difference.

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #12 bigrand1, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    So, is this just like the Epoch games?

13. mw1online

mw1online Member

Jul 18, 2014
    I can't wait!!!

I love frontline commando 2!

14. craneballs

I can be played offline!

What we are really proud of in Overkill 3, is it's graphics. It just looks awesome. Though it runs on iPad 3 (even iPad 2) many effects and details must be switched off. But the players on the latest gen devices, like iPad Air, get the best results.

15. craneballs

It's a cover based shooter, so there are some similarities. Like covering.. :)

With Overkill 3 we wanted to address the repetitiveness of mobile games. Players will not be forced to play one level 10 times with little to no changes. The great variability is achieved by having different environments, huge number of unique levels, boss fights, epic moments and different game modes. Surprises and new game elements pop up throughout the whole game.

Also worth mentioning is the sophisticated gun upgrading, known from Overkill 1&2.

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Cool guys.
    Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you guys.
    Love the change up in gameplay.

17. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

Please don't make it as monotonous and tedious as the Frontline Commando games. As good as those games are...they get old quick. They become boring and stale.

18. mw1online

mw1online Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Front commando 2 would've been better, as a fps...

19. craneballs

Hey fellas, after some pause we're back with some additional content.

We've updated the web with more information and pulled up our first blog post. It's about guns and gun camouflages. We know, we know, the obsession is crazy, but look at them. Can you blame us?

Feel free to ask them questions. Once the weekend is over (it's supposed to be damn hot here in the Czech Republic!) we'll get you the answers.

Cheers!

http://www.overkill3.com

http://www.overkill3.com/blog/guns-the-building-bricks-of-overkill/

[​IMG]

20. FireSkullOfDeath

Jun 21, 2014
    Is there going to be multiplayer levels also? They game looks good....