Man of Steel (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMerc, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #1 TheMerc, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Going to download this, but looks like another IB esque game.
    Dang, I was hoping for an open world superman game.

3. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    That's what I was looking forward to as well. I'm a bit disappointed to see that Gameloft didn't handle this one: say what you will about the shortcomings of their latest movie adaptations, but you can't call TASM and TDKR unambitious . Oh well...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/man-of-steel-official-mobile-game-announced

Apparently this game is going to be available June 14th, and it will feature a story mode that will go through the events of the movie.

4. batmania15

batmania15 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2013
    At least phosphor is doing it I'm interested now.

5. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    really disapointed by phosphor lately!! can someone remind me of an infinity blade-like game with worse visuals than this?! i mean what's the point of having limited movements then??

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Power Rangers Samurai sucks too much in the visuals department, in all the IB-esque games. I do agree this is one of the worst though. Arkham City Lockdown looked really fantastic.

As for me, im looking forward to this, coz im a huge superman fan, and a huge IB-esque game fan. A win-win in my case.

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Admittedly, I have to agree with the poster commenting about Gameloft handling this game... I think I would've preferred them handling this property over Phospher at this point in time. I too have to agree that I have been disappointed with phosphors releases lately and just from my impressions of the video this game doesn't look very interesting or something that I would pick up despite being very interested in the Man of Steel and games around that license. This looks about as bland, gameplay wise, as World War Z. Perhaps soulless is the word I am looking for.

8. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    #8 Darth Nihilus, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    Man, this looks, ugh, I mean, I've been away from iOS gaming for around 6 months or more and there are still games trying to capitalize on IB's esque gameplay?

Plus, Superman wearing the armor? At least some classic Supes outfits would've made this game a little more interesting.

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    1st thing I thought as well:confused:

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, i actually like more games similar to IB, but Superman is the least of those i thought that would or should.

Nonetheless, $5 for fanboy reasons is still pretty cheap as my toy collection isnt as interactive as an iOS game.

With regards to Superman with differnt costumes, they shouldve just gotten licenses to use Steel, Cyborg, Superboy, Eradicator, the capeless black costume, Red Son Superman, the blue costume... or even Bizarro, or just plain Battle-worn Clark Kent. :D

11. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I get that iOS movie tie-in games are gonna happen, especially with big franchises, but.. yeah. Good f'n grief. :eek:

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I'd rather see GL handle this. Open world superman would be awesome, not this tired formula again.
    And how the heck do you messup bonus costumes for superman?
    Godfall
    Beyond
    TAS
    Red Son
    Black Lantern
    Isn't it easy?
    Geez.

13. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Actually being a fanboy myself, this has every reason not to be added to my fandom and collection, It saddens me that Superman doesn't have one single good video game.

And you're right, even the new 52 jeans and boots superman would have been better than the Zod army armor, or the DC one Million, but it's palpable the guys at phosphor are not comic book readers.

14. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Oh come on, the graphics look like crap compared to Avengers Initiative and Arkham City Lockdown, and both of those games have been out for over a year now.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... nobody disagrees with you there mate.

I just hope this has a smooth gameplay and controls well. The visuals kinda fail already, so crossing fingers the gameplay can redeem that.

16. Tupic

Tupic New Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Looks interesting!

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This game better be at least decent. I am watching the movie later, and i want to play the game soon after.

Sigh... Here's a couple fingers crossed.

18. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    is this a second thread about it?

in any case...the TA review tells more or less what i think about this game, survival mode is for sure the best way to grind, i seriously hope in some dlc
    for the story mode but i'm not so sure that my wish will be expressed...
    the story is fixed, i highly doubt that someone will add other chapters,
    anyway, i'm still enjoying it so from side the purchase is worth it!

...and hey, superman is always superman!!:cool: