Jungle fury!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DGH94, Mar 26, 2010.

1. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Hey everybody DD Games has a new game out next month and it’s called Jungle Fury. It is a fast-paced, high-score based, arcade game. The premise of the game revolves around a certain scientist named Melvin (subject to change). Melvin is curious about monkeys. He really wants to conduct and experiment on them and now is the day he is going to do it. So Melvin goes out into the jungle to visit the monkeys, bringing with him only his teleport pads. Melvin is up to something for sure. Well now Melvin has made it into the forest. The monkeys look at him with curiosity, but go back to what they were doing. This is when Melvin sets up with teleport pads and takes some of their bananas. Well now the monkeys don’t like this one bit. Melvin quickly jumps down to his pads and the monkeys begin doing exactly what Melvin assumed they’d do: throw stuff at him. At first, the monkeys throw the objects such as their bananas slowly. But as time progresses, they get angrier and angrier as none of their weapons are hitting Melvin. They start throwing their ammo faster and faster and faster until it’s almost impossible to dodge everything and Melvin is hit. Game over.

The game will be Openfeint-enabled so that you can compete on the leaderboards. DD Games does have a Twitter feed and they have been updating it for the last several months, although they have been updating much more frequently now. For those of you who would like to follow them, their Twitter name is @DeputyDogGames. Leading up to release, their team will be posting here frequently with preview artwork, screens, gameplay vids, and more! They might even have a contest over in the Promo Codes and Contests section, so keep checking there aswell. They have many games coming out this year so get excited for those too! I know that DD Games has been very quiet lately, but only because they didn’t want to let anything out of the bag until it was official. Thanks.

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    just talked to Kevin, nevermind :D

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Kevin must've wrote that description.

4. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    He did. DGH and him are in constant communication. Whenever I wanna talk on AIM, it's, "can't, talking to kevin"

5. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

This is why I don't like DD, He predicts things will happen, says it's in coding, but never releases any pictures.

6. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I'm doing him his first and last favor by helping him out right here.

This is the doctor dude.

[​IMG]

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    DD games? Kevin? Who are these people

8. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    DeputyDogGames.

Kevin is the head of the company. Otherwise known as the infamous banned hardcoregamer.

DGH is working with him.

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    OMG, i cant wait anymore. I've heard Eli got a look at the game and loved it so much that he's been negotiating with Deputy Dogs to make sure TA gets an exclusive preview of the game. I so want this game right now. Words cant describe how painful it is for me to wait another full month for it :(

10. kohjingyu

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Deputy Dog Games, Kevin Smith is hardcoregamer.

11. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    dont reveal his alias! lol jk :p

and @IMNS, REALLY!?!?!

12. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    holy crap, the world is turning upside down!! :eek:

13. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    #13 The prez 12521, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
    no, the world is getting warmer, pay attention in science class....

im just surpirsed HCG gave Eli a peek first :mad: :p

oh, and that pixel art looks AWESOME!!!

14. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    He didn't give Eli a first peek. It was a joke.

15. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Huh. Are you sayin Eli lied about it to me? I cant think of any reason why he would do that :confused:

Ask Kevin again. May be he did provide a preview to Eli. I find it hard to believe That eli will be lying (especially to me) for no reason at all.

16. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Who is his coder? and let me guess he is working for free and getting his name in the credits

17. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#17 jak56, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
    The art looks intriguing! Kinds different.

18. kohjingyu

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    DGH94 is the coder.

Come on, a little thought for our dear hardcoregamer. He needs that money desperately - which is why he has to hire free help. It's not his fault he's in need of money for hospital fees for his back problems, not to mention his college fees. He has a 3.9 GPA (or so he says) and needs the money to go to college to study evolution..

19. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#19 jak56, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
    Hey, at least he's not drug dealing or mugging for the money!

20. kohjingyu

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Let me guess, this is "postponed" to next year end again, as with Santa Smackdown or whatever.

Looks like Deputy Dog Games would not have any game out anytime soon...Especially with the unreliable FREE labour.

Before we know it it'll be a year again and Kevin would have to pay $99 again..