App updates and Itunes 11 (PC)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    So I stupidly installed itunes 11.

Luckily, it isn't terminally broken. There is one huge problem, though, and this post serves as a warning to anyone considering "upgrading".

In itunes 10, if I a) followed the store link from an app in my library, or b) looked up an app I own in the store, IF it jad an upgrade, the "downloaded" button would change to say "update".

Not anymore. Sure, some apps show up as having updates, but only a very select few. Otherwise, I have to KNOW that an app has been updated, delete it from my library, and re-dl...no doubt many of my apps will disappear from the store before I get a chance to have the updated .ipa.

Unless this gets fixed, I recommend anyone with large app collections to stay on itunes 10.

Oh, there are lots of other issues, mostly involving music. But everyone who's been following the tech sites probably already knows about those.

2. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    #2 Ausar, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    i may have not undertans well your problem since english is not my native but how about for now using the button that its in the library that says "X updates availables" that you can download all of the update or select the ones you want to update of course this way you have to open the app still to see the changes in the update

That way you dont have to delete your apps to update then

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    double post

4. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Yeah I'm not quite sure what the problem is. The post above explains things.