Universal Bowling Central - realistic arcade game with unique challenges

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rolocule Games, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolocule Games

Rolocule Games Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    #1 Rolocule Games, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Bowling Central- Coming Soon for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV

[​IMG]

Get Ready for the most realistic bowling game on iOS!

Bowling Central takes you on a bowling adventure with mind blowing challenges and state of the art physics simulation! Bowl using intuitive swipe controls or the most realistic Wii-like motion gestures! Your very own personal bowling alley, anytime, anywhere!

Screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Features of the game:

- 30 unique bowling challenges (levels) + Classic mode with choice of 3, 6 or 10 frames game (More to be added)
    - 4 Different bowling styles: Straight, Hook, Curve and Custom
    - Cool 3D graphics and state of the art physics simulation
    - Choice of Intuitive swipe controls or Wii-like natural motion gestures powered by rolomotion
    - Supports Airplay Mirroring for dual screen gaming using Apple TV or on Mac/PC
    - Compete with your Facebook friends

Motion controls are optional and is powered by Edison Award winning Rolomotion™ technology, that converts raw data from your smartphones’ built-in sensors into precise natural gestures.

We'll soon share the game play video and the release date with you. It will be a Paid game. Feedback is welcome.

We are giving away early access of the game for FREE so please PM to get yourself registered or drop a mail at [email protected]

Cheers,
    Rolocule Games
    www.rolocule.com
    ---------------------
    Check out our other game Motion Tennis: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motion-tennis/id614112447?mt=8

Attached Files:

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #2 coolpepper43, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    Thank you, I can't wait to try this! #I love the idea of the controls. I want it to work well so badly. This looks fun but I wonder how well it would play on an iPad? Also, any hope for a video anytime soon? This looks like a blast. I wish I had this at my aunts during thanksgiving.

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

PM sent, hope the controls are spot on.

4. Rolocule Games

Jun 29, 2010
    We'll soon send you a promocode to try the app. The game can be played in 2 ways:
    1) using swipe controls on iPhone and iPad
    2) using natural motion gestures, when you connect your iPhone to the second screen using Airplay Mirroring.

We do not recommend using iPad as the motion controller, for obvious reasons. So on iPad, it's going to be bowling using Swipe controls :)

5. Rolocule Games

Jun 29, 2010
    #5 Rolocule Games, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Got the PM, thanks. Would love to know what you think about the controls once you try them.

Thanks again

6. Rolocule Games

Jun 29, 2010
    Glad to hear that. Got the PM, thanks for your interest.

7. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    PM sent! Thx! #

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Sign Me Up

Thanks guys for allowing me to test. I will post my thoughts here after I have had time to review the game. Thanks and can't wait to play!

9. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Pm sent. Looking forward to playing

10. Rolocule Games

Jun 29, 2010
    Great. Glad you liked the first look of the game :) Will contact you soon.

11. Rolocule Games

Jun 29, 2010
    Excited by the response:) appreciate your interest. Will contact you soon. Thanks

12. Rolocule Games

Jun 29, 2010
    Hi again everyone,

This is just a heads up for all those who sent us PM with trial requests of Bowling Central, please check your PM.

Looking forward to knowing your thoughts.

We have a few more codes, please PM if interested.

Cheers,
    Rolocule Games

13. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    Thanks for the code, played several rounds, the game is fun and swipe control on ipad is easy to catch, and the later stages are challenging as well. Would you consider later on add multiplayer functions (one screen/online through GC)in classic mode?

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #14 Dailon80, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Currently Testing

I am currently testing this game and right away the physics jump out at you and it's amazing!
    Really physics are a lot like wii bowling but personally I like physics better on this one and I am sure with Apple TV play it would be awesome but I don't have Apple Tv to test that end.
    There are two modes Classic (play quick 10, 6, and 3 frames) this mode is my favorite. The other mode sees you trying to complete levels and include obstructions on the lane to make it more challenging and this mode can include I.A.P which to me is not a turn on but not totally necessary I don't think. I feel the I.A.P. almost kills this mode but would not deter me from playing the game especially classic mode which has no IAP. Now on to ball selection so far there is none you are given a different ball each turn and no indication of the size or anything like that and this is where this game can shine if they allow you to select your own ball and then have some cool looking balls for I.A.P. Having said that I love the fact there are no exploding balls and unrealistic stuff that ruins a good game! So overall this is a game I will not be deleting as I have craved a bowling game that can be played quick but has realistic physics and this game does that well. The question I have is: Will this game be free or paid? If free I totally understand the IAP in the game but if paid it would be a deterrence for some.

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    PM sent!
    Thank you!

16. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Graphics are pretty but physics are way off imo. I feel like I have no control over spin or even where I want to start my throw from. It's like I'm just throwing a ball down the lane and hoping for the best. The replay after every throw is very annoying.
    I'm gonna just deep playing my PBA challenge because for me it's the best bowling game on the AppStore by a long shot
    Thanks for letting me take the game for a test drive, I'll most likely check it out again when it releases to see if any changes were made that makes the game more enjoyable for me

17. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Ooooohh! That's not good!!

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    So you have played every bowling game on the App Store and PBA is the best? This forum for this game makes the point that this is realistic bowling or life like and this game achieves that way better than PBA. When is the last time you went to the local alley and rolled a bomb down the lane and got a strike? PBA is unrealistic and an IAP ridden scam. This game bowling central isn't perfect but they will get it right unlike the fake bowling game that is PBA

19. Rolocule Games

Jun 29, 2010
    Sorry you feel that way. Would love if you could PM us any specific problem that you faced in controls. As far as selecting the lane the point where you start the swipe should be good enough for lane selection. You have to draw the curve with the direction to accurately spin past obstacles. The replay option can be skipped by double tapping and is shown after strikes or close skips past obstacles. Hope you also had the chance to try our Wii-like motion gaming controls. If you do not have an Apple TV you can get this for free on your Mac/PC to give it a spin http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
    Rolocule Games
    www.facebook.com/bowlingcentralgame

20. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Got a code and most of my impressions are the same as Dailon80, but to add again, the physics are high quality and the game itself is fun! Focusing on gameplay, not your traditional 10 frame bowling game. A new twist to bowling, add the puzzle aspects, great concept and implementation.

Not sure If this will be premium or freemium, but I do enjoy the challenge and gameplay. I have friends that are hardcore bowlers and had them try this out, they loved it and commented on the physics, they were really impressed.

Great job and thank you for making me a part of this gem, call me addicted, lol.