Pinch Media Statistics

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by shen, Jul 31, 2009.

1. My game [app]GumDrops[/app] had a version with Pinch Media in it approved 2 days ago, so I figured I would start a thread to share some information.

The game is a Puyo Puyo or Dr Mario type game, and was free for a couple of months. During that time it went to #1 free game in Japan, and got about 50000 downloads.

So far I have had 593 unique users play 1172 sessions, for a total time of 6 days 17 hours 40 minutes.

Each session lasts on average 8 minutes.

I put actions in for each game type, and it seems like the long play mode is by far the most popular, which surprised me, since I made 2 modes especially so they would only take around 5 minutes to play a full game.

It is quite a good feeling to watch the total play time climb higher and higher, and I would suggest using pinch media just for that.

I'd be interested in hearing from other developers about their pinch media data, tips and ideas.

2. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Wow. That is awesome. 50,000 downloads? As one of your early supporters, I am really happy for you! I notice the pinch media update, and am glad to be one of those 593 people!

3. IMBA

IMBA Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    we are also using PinchMedia, but the stats don't update very often, wish it was real time :)

4. IMBA: Are you using it in CopterKid?

What is your average session length?

Are you tracking any actions? If so, what sort?

5. I've also noticed I'm getting about a 1% crash rate.

Can anyone else share their pinch media reported crash rate?

Does this seem high? low?

How does pinch media decide to rate a session as having crashed?

6. IMBA

IMBA Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    #6 IMBA, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Hi Shen,

We are tracking many, many actions (e.g. which character selected, how many times "play again" is hit, when user submits to global, creates account, submits to FB etc etc.)

Average session length: 6 minutes 12 seconds
    Time Spent Per User: 18 minutes 19 seconds

Which seems about right for a pick-up-and-play game.

These stats are a 7-day average and do not include ourselves (we have ignored our device ids).

Would like to compare our stats to others.