(music) Manetron: Mellotron Synth and Manetron MarkII have gone free.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Manetron is for iphone; Manetron MarkII is an ipad app. Apparently support is being discontinued as another company is going to release a new Mellotron sim with CoreMidi that will supersede these 2 apps.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    The TA iphone app doesn't post properly. That ended up being the link to the iphone/ipod app. I can't reply with a another link without screwing the thread up.

3. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    We're they bought out by that other company or what? Did they just see something better come along and give up? Anyways thanks man.

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I dunno...I think they were last updated in 2012, but they are old apps. Maybe they need to start fresh if they're drastically altering the audio engine.

Or maybe the rights to the Mellotron have passed into someone else's hands. I'm assuming the original manufacturer is more or less defunct, given the link provided is for a Japanese Geocities page.

There are tons of funky Japanese music apps; unfortunatly most don't seem to use the common protocols.

5. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    The new app with Core MIDI is from the same company and is called "Super Manetron". The icon for it is one the best!

6. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ahaha Geocities! I didn't even know that existed anymore! Well thanks for the info haha.