Returning app store Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jacksonitup, Jun 20, 2009.

1. jacksonitup

jacksonitup Active Member

Hey guys! I recently purchased a game accidently and am in the process of trying to return it. I looked at my recent purchases and reported a problem and filled out the apporpriate information. I was wondering if anyone knows how long this usually takes to get refunded the money as it has been over a day and I am wondering if apple has received the request and if theres any way to find out if they will refund me the money. Thanks for the help.

P.S: I figured this could go in this forum because it relates to games :D

2. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    It's happened to me, and Apple had emailed back within a day. I don't know what the average is, but it's probably around a few days.

3. jacksonitup

ok thanks...im going on a trip tomorrow so i was kind of hoping to get the money refunded today as it is in gift cards but i can understand the delay as this has got to be one of the busiest times for apple with the new iphone and 3.0. Thanks for the response. Im still open to more though :D

4. jacksonitup

scratch that...it just refunded me the money within the past minute or so. Thanks for the help lol :p!

5. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    What game did you accidentally buy?

6. jacksonitup

well it was kind of a wierder issue. It was touchgrind and i already owned it except it charged me again so it was a screw up on another level but everything is fixed now so its all good! :)

7. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Did you have multiple accounts? Because that's what once happened to me, I bought a game on one account and accidentally re-downloaded it on another, thinking I was on the same one... so I accidentally bought it twice. But it's good that Apple responded so quickly!

8. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    You can return games?!?