Sally's Spa

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by learjetzoom, Jun 11, 2009.

1. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    This game is #1 in the iTunes app store? What does this tell us about the iPhone gaming market?

That being said, how many guys have purchased this game?

I am in disbelief that a game called "Sally's Spa" has become to popular, regardless of its game play.

2. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    lol. oh sally baby, i would like to upgrade from massage....

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

sally's spa is a pretty damn good TM game. better than sally's salon which was fun as well.

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    hmmm, isn't game play the core of a game despite the theme?
    I must admit, I love Sally's Spa (I was going to abbreviate, but 'SS' doesn't give off the right signals me thinks:rolleyes:), despite being increasingly aware of the fact that I am a virtual trigger happy kind of gamer.
    Have you played it?

5. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    jchampl's man card just got DENIED. :D

6. Liljeberg

Liljeberg Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Graphic Designer / IT Support
    Sweden
    #6 Liljeberg, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
    I have it and I'm a man. I am in disbelief that there are so many men that think they will become gay/switch gender/die because they play/own/touch a game that some f*cked up social "rules" define as a feminine game.

To all macho men out there (N.B NOT directed to anyone specific here or elsewhere): get a grip, your sexual insecurity is embarrassing.

7. 1bigapp

1bigapp Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    This's a question of a day! HOW!?=)

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    If it was called Blood Bath Sally, would that be mannnlyyy enough for you? It's a pretty good game regardless of its name.

9. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I work in a testosterone driven industry where no one would ever get caught playing "Sally's Spa."

More than this, I am just surprised about the fact this game is #1. I mean it seems targeted towards females? Are women more likely to play games on a handheld portable than a console? I just think this says a lot about the market for iPhone games and other portable devices. This isnt about me, I am just curious what others think, especially considering that most of the TA community appears to be male.

10. Liljeberg

Liljeberg Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Graphic Designer / IT Support
    Sweden
    What makes it seem targeted towards females? Because the lead character is a female? How can that say anything about the target audience? Because it uses a brighter color scheme than Doom? I like bright colors in games, it makes game play easier and more fun.

Everything that makes people think it is targeted towards females is in their heads! Clear your minds of prejudice and social rules and just play the freaking game!

When is the world going to realize pink doesn't mean girls and blue doesn't mean boys, cars doesn't equal boys, dolls doesn't equal girls and so on?

11. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

haha :p

12. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    When you add in that its not directed to anyone here....posting directly after someone making a joke about manliness...makes me think u really did direct it towards someone who made a simple joke lol

anyway the game is good and i think its alot easier for cheaper games to get higher up on the list...but u gotta look at it like this

i wouldnt say its the most popular....alot of people impulse buy cheap games and end up still not making at much (speaking strickly on sales not profit) it takes 10 sally spa dls to = 1 sims dl....and if that 9.99 game is second to a .99 game i would consider the 10 dollar game more popular. Just because people are gunna think twice about clickin buy on a 9.99 game when they can buy 10 .99 cent games.

13. aafuss

aafuss Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Gold Coast, Australia
    It's now #3 in my country's store (Australia).

14. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  15. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Regardless of it's theme, this is a very good and addictive time management game :)

16. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    You know this thread reminds me of Monty Python's 'Lumberjack Song'. All together now:

'I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra' lol:D

Full song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

Oh, by the way, I love Sally's Spa:)

17. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Lol nice, made an entire thread just because you didn't like the name? What it tells us about the iPhone gaming market? It tells us that it prefers cute and casual games? o_O
    Guess what? Not everyone has the same preferences for genres. I guess most people (including me) love the relaxing gameplay and cute graphics of Sally's Spa. Got a problem with that? Then too bad, you can play your genres and hope it'll become popular one day.

18. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    hey ur that guy who bought ign's f.a.s.t. flight combat game and said your a war veteran right..guess that explains everything....

19. shaakes

shaakes Member

May 19, 2009
    great game

gotta say I love it. great game!