Universal Angel Stone (By Fincon)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SwipeNova, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    #1 SwipeNova, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Ehh first thing first will this be freemium or premium ? Impressive trailer for an ios game by the way. Wonder which is better this or Implosion.

3. SwipeNova

Mar 20, 2015
    #3 SwipeNova, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Well the PC version will be on Facebook so i bet its F2P

The Cinematic was done by Blur studios (Avatar, Halo series)

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Looks very promising!! Looking forward to it.

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Cinematic is awesome, but this is a definite f2p.

6. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Looks great! I'm getting used to the F2P on these types of games. That's pretty much what works nowadays for devs to stay in business. Might as well get used to it too. The other methods just don't pay the bills

7. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    So will this be another "press your thumb on the attack button while your other thumb fumble around" freemium game like Taichi Panda, Dungeon Hunter... ? I'm disappointed, not that I don't understand the devs reason, I'm just disappointed.

8. SwipeNova

Mar 20, 2015
    Ehh? Taichi Panda is awesome.

9. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    have been following this for awhile since they posted the first teaser trailer on facebook :cool:

10. Fincon Milo

Fincon Milo Active Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Community Manager at Fincon
    Greetings!

I'm Milo the Community Manager at Fincon.
    I'd love to help answer any questions you may have about our upcoming title.

First off, we recently did an interview which may give you a bit of background about me/us - Here!

As for the payment model, we will be going with F2P. That specific model gets a lot of (often well deserved) flak. That said, I personally believe that if done correctly players will want to pay to support our game, and never feel pressured or bullied into it. We've a lot of experience with our first title, Hello Hero, in keeping a good balance with that, and I hope to improve on that experience with Angel Stone!

As for the controls, depending on the size of your device, you should be able to play one handed (though I wouldn't recommend it for boss fights). I have an iPhone 5 and would play on the subway while grabbing onto a railing, we are trying some fun stuff out with the controls and think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also, if you're looking for some downloadables, want to get updated on release date, or make sure you don't miss your chance at upcoming beta-testing, feel free to check us out on Facebook - Here!

Please feel free let me know what you think or if you have any questions!

11. HarrisHunter

HarrisHunter Member

Mar 30, 2015
    That's interesting. You can play one handed on a landscape game? Or does this game support portrait orientation?

12. Fincon Milo

Jun 1, 2014
    I can play one-handed on landscape on my iPhone 5. I hold the phone with my index and middle finger holding top, with ring finger keeping it in place at bottom, and thumb doing all the important stuff :p

There's a few other orientations that work, but just an example. ^^

13. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT

nice... looks like things are shaping up pretty nicely. can't wait! :D

14. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I got my beta invite today so check ur mail. Says it starts at midnight tonite so I'll play tomorro.

15. stephenk

stephenk Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    #15 stephenk, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    definitely,it's really awesome RPG title.It looks like korean style RPG maybe :).

16. Izrina

Izrina Member

Jun 2, 2015
    I still have not received my beta key, and it said within twenty-four hours :(

17. Fincon Milo

Jun 1, 2014
    Unfortunately beta testing is now over. :( Perhaps at the time Test Flight invitations had all run out.

18. Zaskar

Zaskar Active Member

May 6, 2010
    #18 Zaskar, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Free to play can be done very well, Micro payments for content/skins/etc (Like LoL/Dota 2), Hell even energy isn't too bad.

Just remember that bad kind of F2P you mentioned is the kind with a gatcha mechanic for all the top items, there is no way to incorporate that into the game and not fall into the bad kind of F2P pile. None.

Flat price for an item/skin/character = Good
    ~$5 for a random chance at that same item = Bad

(Being able to slowly accumulate the premium currency used for those rolls without paying doesn't change that)

Anyone playing know if its the good or the bad kind?

19. kopicha

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    So far it's been on the good kind. very generous while in the current beta but who knows since things can change still upon release. Dungeon link for example had a different monetization during beta as oppose to the final release of the game which is straight up greedy. But based on fincon's track record I don't think it will go really bad as they have pretty good track record as far as I have heard.

Also I have not actually seen an in game shop to buy stuffs for iap. Maybe not added in yet I am not sure or probably I miss it I don't know but I did try to look thru and not seen it. The only iap I can see so far is you can buy gold as well as the iap currencies. Iap currency in current beta only being use for refilling energy (which is pretty generous in the beta) and also for resetting the daily limit of each level. No idea how the pricing model will be either as purchase is current not enabled.

20. Fincon Milo

Jun 1, 2014
    I play several F2P games myself so I can understand worries about the payment model. For the biggest testament to our approach towards monetization I'd like to point you towards our existing title Hello Hero. See how we manage IAP, free resources/premium currency through in-game and community events, and so on.

I think our actions over time speak louder than any words of promise or reassurance that I can write here^^

Either way, development is looking solid for a late July release and so you'll be able to see first-hand soon enough!

-Fincon Milo