Beard of Bees! - Fast, frantic and Free!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Mumbo Jumbo, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Mumbo Jumbo

Mumbo Jumbo New Member

Feb 10, 2011
    UK
    Hi all,

A little while ago we developed a free game > The Grunts: Beard of Bees and I just wanted to share the game with you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a race paced swipe-a-thon to build the biggest beard of bees you can against the clock. Catch enough of the little stripy guys to unlock extra time whilst keeping other critters away. It's fast and frantic and you're bound to end up screaming when your time runs out!

Beard of Bees is a universal app and you can grab it now over here ...
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-grunts-beard-of-bees/id548325168?mt=8

There's a short gameplay trailer over here ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmLuvXfNlaU

Let's see if someone can break the 7000 points barrier!

Mumbo
    #beardofbees

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    This is a promo for a book, correct? I have to say I love the illustrations and voice over work. The gameplay might not be...well, the deepest, but damn if it isn't adorablely silly!

3. Mumbo Jumbo

Mumbo Jumbo New Member

Feb 10, 2011
    UK
    Thanks! You're right, we built the game to be a freebie that would compliment the book, but we also wanted to end up with a fun little app that could stand up on it's own, and even though it's small, we hope the app is perfectly formed.

The illustrations are by Axel Scheffler who is best known for illustrating The Gruffalo. We've done a couple of other apps with his artwork too, one of which we're busy debugging now, with a plan to submit to Apple this friday.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just played a couple of rounds and I have to say that I'm sure this will be brilliant for children as the voice over and animation/illustrations are all top notch.
    High score is only 1710 so far tho :eek:

5. Mumbo Jumbo

Mumbo Jumbo New Member

Feb 10, 2011
    UK
    Hi oooooomonkey! 1710 is a perfectly respectable score! The best here is around the 6100 mark, but it gets very tricky to get the time bonuses and one slip up and it's all over..

I'm glad you think kids will enjoy it. We had great fun making it - it was quite a short dev time compared to other apps we've made.