Daredevil Dave 2 - Avail Dec 12 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    The "House of Pain" jump was one of my favorites! You should definitely add more of those levels.

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I will do that.

I also have plans for some jumps similar to the "Bomber" jump where Dave jumps his bike through the 4th floor window of a terrorist hideout with a big bomb strapped to his back. Dave's tour will be a bit more of an adventure this time around :)

Perhaps some other agencies around the world will need him to perform similar tasks. In fact, one tentative title for the game was "Daredevil Dave Saves The World!" :p

One other improvement to the game will be the way you setup your jumps. You will be able to control a free roaming camera so that you can get better viewing angles of the jumps, rather than the side-view only method in the last game. This will be a big help for some of the more complex jumps.

:cool:

3. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Sounds like a "Hall of Meat" type thing. Seems like it will be a great addition, sounds very fun!

4. schplurg

Yes, crashing Dave is definitely the best part of the game, at least for me. It's wat Dave does best!

[​IMG]

5. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Epic picture. And I've always wondered, how do you pronounce your name? It sounds like gibberish to me.

6. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    :eek:

7. schplurg

I found that old picture last night :)

My user name is gibberish lol. It's pronounced "shplerg". Years ago I needed a name so I figured I'd create something nobody could possibly have. "Schplurg" is an onamonapia (which is a funny word itself) - I think I was considering what it might sound like to step on a frog haha.

I guess I could have changed it at some point.

Is anybody here old enough to have read Mad Magazine way back when? They were the kings of onamonapia (words that describe a sound). "glick!, splork!" etc etc.

But I digress...

;)

8. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I loved the house of pain jump, had to be one of my favorites. I hope you add more of those in the sequel.

Do you have a estimated release date? Like what season or month?

I have a couple ideas for levels, one where Dave goes through a sort of factory (this one is would be like the house of pain level.) and depending on how you angle your jump and what speed your at your land on one of like 4 conveyor belts and i haven't figured out much after that...

Another is like the one where you had to jump in a window to stop terrorists in the first one, how about you have to jump into a burning building (thus setting your angle to avoid flames) to jump to the top floor to save a kitten trapped inside? You could get some funny sayings by dave to go with it

9. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    what no squished car for the beginning of DD2 ?!?! lol

10. schplurg

There will be some rescue missions I think, especially if I continue with the current storyline idea.

Conveyor belts leading through some painful "devices" would be interesting...I like that!

Release date: I don't know. Several months. I won't speculate yet...I got in trouble last time I did that ;)

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Loved the original! And I dug the House of Pain jump also! I'm excited to play this one! So many more jumps! It's like 1000 Ways to Die! Can't wait for it!

12. elnombre

elnombre Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Had a lot of fun with the first and will definitely be picking this up when the time comes.

Good luck with it dev(s)!

13. schplurg

Thanks for all the support everyone, it's really awesome!

I've designed little games as a hobby for years, but Dave is the first game I ever went commercial with. I'll admit that making money is very cool, but having so many people play and enjoy my game is a total thrill.

It's for this reason that I want Dave 2 to be leaps and bounds better than the first one. Daredevil Dave #1 left so much room for improvement...I know you guys are gonna love this new one! I'm really excited to get this done.

14. bug

bug Member

May 12, 2010
    i may have missed this in a previous post but do you have an ETA on when DD2 will be out? it looks awesome, can't wait to play it!

15. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    Should I pick up daredevil dave now or wait for daredevil dave 2?

16. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Oh yeah! Grew up with that mag back in the early 70's! Some of the best stuff ever! SO many things! Spy vs Spy, Things We Wanna See, that page where you folded it to see what was really drawn! I'll never forget that! Why don't they make that any more? Or do they? So much nostalgia-I'm showing my age, here! Even back issues would be fun to check out! I think this generation would get a kick out of it still! Just had to reply-that was in the cob-webs in the back of my mind........... Thanks for shaking that loose!

17. schplurg

It is many months away! If you don't have Dave #1 go ahead and pick it up now cuz it's gonna be awhile!

See above ;) Grab it for $.99!

I just checked and Mad Magazine is still pumping out issues. From their website:

Yep, sounds about right!

18. schplurg

#38 schplurg, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    Just a quick note...I'm trying to get a video put together that I can post soon.

The destroyable bike is looking awesome/hilarious! I'm in the middle of designing that feature, as well as building some new motorcycles. These newer phones are so cool, it's really allowing me to make a nice detailed game.

Happy Sunday!

19. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Sweet, I cant wait to see a vid! The first one was epic, here's hoping you can top that. :D (I have faith tho....) ;)

20. schplurg

It's already been topped! :D

I'm just hesitant to release a video until things look really good. I'm worried enough about posting screenshots so early. A video really needs to represent the actual game. I REALLY want to do it soon though.

When Dave crashes and parts start coming off the bike it just looks so cool that I wanna share!

:cool: