iPhone Wandake Announes Robokill 2!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Wandake, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wandake

Wandake Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #1 Wandake, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    Hey guys, Wandake is just about set to release Robokill 2, the highly-anticipated follow-up to one of the hottest games of 2010. We're introducing a bunch of new weapons, 25 new enemy types and 12 missions spread over three episodes. That translates into over 600 rooms to explore full of enemies, loot and mayhem. We're putting out a video next week, but here are a few screens to hold you over for now.

Enjoy, you're the FIRST to see the new game, we haven't even shared this stuff with the gaming media yet. :)

Attached Files:

2. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Cool, I did finish the first game, but then there wasn't much more to do with it.

3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Awesome. I will certainly grab this the instant it comes out! I loved the first one.

4. hapaninja

hapaninja Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Art Director for Soma Games and Code-Monkeys
    Portland, OR
    Robokill was awesome! This looks awesome too!

5. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Hmm looks like part 1? Why again the huge border?

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The first Robokill has never left my ipad, so I'm definitely going to pick this one up. Is there a release date and a price?

7. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    That's great news! Certainly looking forward to this - big fan of the first version.

8. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    Hey folks!

First up, thanks for the support for Robokill! We're very excited to bring you the sequel and are so happy to see the fan support!

To answer a few questions that have been posed; we're hoping to release the game by the end of the month and we're still debating the price. If anyone has suggestions we'd be happy to hear them. Just know that unfortunately "free" isn't an option, sorry. ;)

There was a question about the screen border, and the main reason we do that is so that the controls don't overlap the play space. We want to create a buffer where you can stick your thumbs and not be covering up any of the gameplay. Nothing worse than not being able to see an enemy or pit because your finger was in the way.

We'll also be posting the video in this thread once it's ready so keep your peepers peeled for that one!

9. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    This is the iPad version, right? Is it basically a sequel that you expect to sell to people who've played the first game, or is it like a self-contained replacement for the first game? It seems to me that if you're selling it to people who've already played through the first game, then $2.99 would be a reasonable price.

10. Wandake

Nov 4, 2010
    #10 Wandake, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    Hey guys, thanks for the support! Here's the link to a quick teaser trailer to get you even more excited and give you a first glimpse of the game in action. We're also hoping to have a more in-depth gameplay walkthrough soon, so I'll be sure to post that as well.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #11 Guise, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Any news/updates regarding Robokill 2's release date? Looking forward to it.

EDIT:
    And will this be available for the iPhone as well? Thanks in advance for any info.

12. Looks like a fun game and a ton of content! Did you guys use Unity?