Universal Puzzle Craft - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You even admit you enjoyed the game up until the error, but wish you would have stuck with a different game? That seems conflicting. My save data got wiped as well, but I feel I still got my .99 worth. If I have my data when they fix it, great, if not, will enjoy starting over with a better stratgey.

Know it sucks, but I still don't regret the time I played it.

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I finished the game this afternoon, loved it and couldn't put it down. Nothing else has been played since I got it, superb game and I'm proof you don't need to buy any iap's for it.

Some of my stats at the end:-

Level: 26
    Highscore: 931040
    Traced with Finger: 1206m
    Taxes Collected: 4250
    Visits in Mine: 89
    Visits on fields: 103
    Resources gathered: 8638
    Money Earned: 41872
    Money Spent: 40510
    Buildings Owned: 74
    Workers Hired: 88
    Bonus Coins: 0 (I assume this means iap bought??)

Superb game!

3. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I think you get bonus coins for stringing together 10 rats or wolves. I didn't manage yet so i'm not sure.

4. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Yeah I lost my progress too. :(

5. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Yeah, I set the game aside the moment it started crashing endlessly upon startup, with the few successful attempts to get into the game resulting in blank details, wiped scores, and "Null" and "No String" messages everywhere.

There's no point playing at all as long as this bug persists, so we'll see what happens with the update.

6. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Apples, Cows, Gold, and Diamonds too.

7. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Guys,

Fix is already done and submitted. As I wrote, if you really want to keep your progress wait until apple approve it.

Bonus coins - coins which you can collect from tier3 resourcesx10.

Best

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Was this submitted as a critical update? I know sometimes Apple can push through urgent fixes very quickly as opposed to the normal 4-5 days.

And, to me, this is a critical update. I haven't bothered to play since I lost my progress.

9. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Just happened to me, bummer.

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    +1

I can confirm that one can do this with Apples and Cows relatively easily late in the game. However, to do this with Gold and Diamond is not possible (as far as I know) with getting first the vent building. I am currently on a different build that deliberately avoids any explosion (I have 0 explosion so far and am already near end of the game), and the mine levels are ridiculously hazardous, making the lamp an extremely valuable resource which itself is also ridiculously rare to get because dirt is very rare in this level (without using the shop to buy them, which is also my perquisite for this build).

11. Hex Blade

Hex Blade Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    I only wish I stuck with Puzzle Quest 2 because I would of made significant progress in the time it took me to build a village that disappeared in Puzzle Craft.

Yes, I enjoyed it while it lasted but I still feel I wasted my time.

If I do get my village back after the update then all will be forgiven. I just hope they fix the problem that wiped the data in the fist place so that it won't happen again.....could we get a conformation on that?

12. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    They believe the issue has been fixed, yes, and the patch has been submitted to Apple for approval. You can also prevent that bug by turning off iCloud backups, until the new version is approved.

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

What is your solution to people who invested in IAP? That's all lost now. And from my experience, you can't give it back to players. What do you propose?

This literally, LITERALLY happened the second I finished reading Nissa's review and thought "Hey, I haven't played this for a few days" and then... "No String"

Flibberty gibbits!!

Did you guys not push this through as an emergency fix?! If not, this will be weeks before its done.

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #514 Royce, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    They previously suggested you get a refund from Apple, and wait for the update to buy anything.
    Edit: Oh you mean for the no string bug. I guess if you have to delete to restart, the same would apply, but of course you could wait for the update to fix your game and presumably the coins will still be there.

15. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Subbmition to Apple is on Chillingo competition, but I passed them your words on emergency fix.

As for money lost. We suggested to make refund. With the new update every player will be given 5000 coins as an appology.

16. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Should I wait tell the update is out to buy this?

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I guess get it now, unless you're easily frustrated and unlucky. The bug only happens to some people, and if you get it now you'll get that bonus gold. Plus I think the update will be out very soon since I am sure Chillingo knows to call it a critical update, Chillingo has a lot of great games which means they make Apple money, and Apple likes money.

Edit: but definitely don't spend any cash on IAP until the update does out.

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #518 y2kmp3, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    I have finally completed the game. Fun play. Good ending.

Here is a stats page for my build:

[​IMG]

If you are observant, you may notice immediately from the screencap that this is a very SPECIAL build. See if you can figure out why.

Here are three hints:

1. Look at the 0 stats. Why are these stats special (especially for one particular stat)?
    2. Look at the badge numbers. Why are they still there at the end of the game? It tells you what units and tools I used and did not use during the entire game. For the buildings, the number should have been 11 (not 10). There is a bug such that one of the buildings just disappeared when the game ended so that the count went down accordingly. 11 has a special significance in this game.
    3. Look at the bonus coins. The number is exactly 20 (rather 10 x 2). This, again, has a special significance.

Given the game's name, I thought I would give a bit of a puzzle of my own. :)

19. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hey y2kmp3

Well played!
    I must say, first time I've seen somebody who finished the game not acctually loosing anything. We will think of achievement for it maybe. Congratulations!

20. Tonyzorz

Tonyzorz Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2011
    South Korea
    I don't know if this was already mentioned but it's a bit hard to collect the tools from certain buildings like scarecrows. Item automatically disappear when I press the farm button. Tools do not really matter later on because I have overflowing amount of cash at disposal but still nice to know that I am getting my scarecrows worth :)