Plunder Pirates - Ex-Sony devs. and Ian Livingstone to bring new 3D RTS (Universal)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by F19_Haddock, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I usually hate these types of games but this has got me interested..

2. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I love pirates :)

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    The buccaneer looks sweet :)
    Cannot wait to get my hands on this!
    Keep the screenshots coming!
    Love to see progress in games I'm interested in.

4. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Soft launch? I take that as not in the U.S which means it's still quite e few months away for us stateside. Hardly anything to be excited about

5. F19_Haddock

F19_Haddock Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Director at Midoki
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Today we say hello to the Gunner :)

Now this guy loves nothing more than to take down the enemy's defences leaving it clear for the rest of your crew to mop up. Not the toughest though, so make sure he has some backup to cause a distraction and protect him. With training he can gain the focused fire ability making him the deadliest, dual pistolled hoodlum the pirating world has ever seen.

[​IMG]

6. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    The only thing that turns me off this one is the reliance on online. I think way too many devs are jumping on the Clash of Clans bandwagon instead of focusing on single player games. I'd prefer this to play more like The Settlers, personally. Just my opinion, and I'm sure I'm in the minority..

7. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

How do you wish list an upcoming game on TA?
    I don't want to miss this one!

8. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Anyone notice that it takes 30 minutes to move your ship if you look at one of the beta screenshots

9. Baracus

Well, it's a pirate ship, not a speed boat :)

10. Grettir0

Grettir0 Active Member

Aug 1, 2013
    So your saying is that the game is clash of clans but you can explore with ships that take 30 minutes to move a short distance.

11. Baracus

I'm not saying anything until I play it. You can't tell just from that journey time how it ties in to other mechanics but I admit it has suspicious potential hanging over it... we will see :)

12. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #32 Zeillusion, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    I play lots of games inspired by backyard monsters & totally love them all. They are usually free to play but it doesn't bother me at all. I like to support devs.

My friends play as well and usually don't pay at all. These types of games take patience and are extremely fun & addicting. They don't "require" you to spend money so not to sure why some people are bugging.

Free to play can be done right, doesn't mean it's bad. Look how popular strategy / fort games because. I legit love them lol

Can't wait for this!

The person above me is skeptical on the 30 minute boat ride. If I have to hop on every 30 minute to send my boat out for a "reward" that sounds pretty nice to me lol. I would love to be rewards every 30 minutes as a nice little "extra" in the game that's not required. Sounds legit

Kinda like assassins creed black flag. In your naval convoy you send boats out to different locations for certain lengths of time. When they return (if they're not destroyed in the process) you get rewarded. Love the idea

13. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
  14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    There is a thread in the released section now.