Phantasy star online 2 announced for ios

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by paineyes, Mar 26, 2012.

1. paineyes

paineyes Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    #1 paineyes, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Wow, that sounds amazing. I wonder what they mean by "The smartphone version will just share data with the two versions".

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#3 killercow, Mar 26, 2012
    It means that with the smartphone version you won't be able to play with vita or pc players, you'll only be able to share some data.
    First screenshots for ios:
    http://andriasang.com/con0e1/pso2_screens/images/23uo9/

4. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    sounds good! cross platform with android i hope. all of those screenies are from the iOS version?

5. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Wow, cool.

Crazy since I thought a out how cool it would be with PSO on the iPhone/iPad .
    Coincidence deluxe.

6. No, only images number 10-12. 5-9 are from the Vita version, and the rest are PC.

7. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
  8. Keyeszx

Keyeszx Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Still, you get the gist of what he's saying. Also it includes an amazing opening video. I'm still watching it even though I don't completely understand japanese.

9. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #10 Edmilan, Mar 26, 2012
    From pso-world, "iOS and Android Versions - ...will use the same data as the PC and PlayStation Vita versions. However, they will be single player only."
    They should remove the "online" word from the title

EDIT: from their forums
    "Seems like PSO2 will be released as an app/game for iOS and Android. Main features being chatting with friends and inventory. But will also be including a singleplayer mini game mode."

Looks like if this is true, it won't be the "full" game. We might not even be able to really play the "real" game, rather just a part of it. :(

10. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    Sounds great.

11. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    The mobile version isn't the actual game? My dreams are crushed. :(

12. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Yeah, there went those good news :( .

Will it be released for console as well?

13. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    iOS and Android Versions - Phantasy Star Online 2 will be released on iOS and Android platforms. These versions will use the same data as the PC and PlayStation Vita versions. However, they will be single player only.

Maybe it's the game just no multiplayer features?

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Your kidding. No multiplayer!? Ah mann. For me, that makes this game obsolete. A year later and still no one can rival order and chaos, and if they're looking to, they're still like a year out from implementation.

15. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    If it's true there is no multiplayer, that will be incredibly disappointing. That's the whole point of the series. PSO is a game I seem to keep coming back to since the Dreamcast days. I enjoyed the DS and PSP iterations, and event hose had online multiplayer. No reason the iOS version couldn't.

16. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    They should take out the online part in the title and just call it PS. Or maybe just call it PS Offline lol since the loss of multiplayer would take away the whole sense of it being online

17. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    "Sega says to expect a more "personal" and "simple" experience compared to the other two versions."

Ugh. You've got my hopes up, Sega, please don't just make some pseudo-casual freemium shell of PS.

18. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Personal ie only our character, with no other players; and simple ie dumbed down version lol. I hope not but expect the worst while hoping for the best

19. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Well if it's a single player but you can level your own character, that would make it viable for me. If not, then I wouldn't bother downloading it. (Since the game is sharing data, it would make sense that you can level your character in single player.)